UKBouldering.com

buying a house in Spain (Read 7181 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 20, 2015, 09:37:31 pm
Yay! You're so world famous  :2thumbsup:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 20, 2015, 09:41:25 pm
What a bizzare coincidence. I only get to listen for about half an hour on the way to work and back so never hear much.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
#27 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 20, 2015, 09:48:01 pm
If I were you, I'd go for somewhere in Cataluña that caters for the crags that aren't already saturated with accommodation (Cornudella area). As far as I can tell, there aren't many places in the immediate vicinity to Oliana that cater to the English-speaking contingent. Could be worth looking into.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos

gingerninja

• menacing presence
#29 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 23, 2015, 10:57:23 am
if you want to get away from the rain look around almeria for bank repossessions. it gets loads of sun and is cheap as chip at the mo. there is a little bit of climbing but you could also rent out to normal holiday makers in the summer and go traveling for a month or two.
i know a couple of people around the south of spain that work in property sales so give me a shout if you want and ill put you in contact with them.
dont blame you for wanting to go, me and the missus have been looking to try and get out there end of next year.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#30 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 23, 2015, 11:15:09 am
If I were you, I'd go for somewhere in Cataluña that caters for the crags that aren't already saturated with accommodation (Cornudella area). As far as I can tell, there aren't many places in the immediate vicinity to Oliana that cater to the English-speaking contingent. Could be worth looking into.

Good idea. Col De Nargo/Organya area would be good

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#31 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 23, 2015, 08:40:27 pm

Or to the “speaking-most-european-languages contingent" for that matter. Despite having Swedish, English, German, French, Catalan, Spanish, and three slavic languages between us we couldn't find anything useful on the internet for low cost places in Organya (the most logical place for Oliana, Col de Nargo, Tres Ponts and Perles). I found apartments for rent by driving through Organya on google street view looking for posters. Found a telephone number on a big poster on a wall and had Mrs jwi call them...

Perfect accommodation though. Very cheep, nice, apartments in central Organya.

I realise how this could be improved upon...

abarro81

• forum hero
#32 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 23, 2015, 08:49:58 pm
That's a well good way of finding accomodation!

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#33 Re: buying a house in Spain
November 24, 2015, 03:48:39 pm
After several days internet squinting, all I have is sore eyes. What I've found so far.

It's possible to buy within 15 mins of Albarracin.

Also near Margalef.

Asturias looks nice as does the Ariege (France)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal