UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 294 5th Oct - 11th Oct 2015 (Read 16549 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Some great write ups here this week (esp Cheque)...

M: Wisdom tooth removal pain. Felt ferked. Neck and shoulders incredibly stiff. What was that dentist doing to me....

T: Still aching (jaw and neck) - feeling generally run down and done it. Was this the sedation still? or the AB's I was given?

W: Wanting to try and keep some form of fitness - went to Logport wall at lunchtime. Struggled up a few V4's. Oddly seemed to have incredible (for me) endurance on some problems... who knows...

Thu: Tired. Still. Jaw aching... Not slept properly all week. Sleep from 10 > 3 then lie awake until dozing off at about 6...

Fri: Pick up friend from York - head over to Ingleton to do the three peaks... feeling sceptical about potential performance due to lack of sleep and general crapness post wisdom tooth outage... Still on ibuprofen to take away the jaw pain...

Sa: Three Peaks day. Up at 6:45 - started from Hill in at 7:45am. Superb weather - cool, little wind. Storm up Inglerough in less than an hour. In the cafe at Horton for 10am for breakfast :) Minor blister forming on toe - compeed applied.

After a sausage and egg sandwich, get up Pen-y-gent in an hour. The Schlep down from there to below Whernside takes forever.. Neil has a cheeseburger from the dirty burger van near the viaduct - I have an ice cream. General hip and groin aches - nothing serious.

Long slog up Whernside.. takes about 1:40... cold wind picks up near the top and my left knee (well bits below left knee) start to seize up.. Fine along the top, but really hard on the descent. Have to shuffle down steps - can't weight left knee when dropping :( I move at the pace of the old people in front of us creeping down... finally make it to flat and get a bit more of a move on. Final push to the Hill inn.

Finished in 8 Hours 58min... Very pleased considering I (or Neil) had done any training for this... Head out for curry, beer and then collapse about 10pm after walking around Ingleton like John Wayne...

Su: Potter (still walking like John Wayne) up to Malham - have a cup of tea and head home. Lie on sofa and unsuccessfully demand pity and comfort from MrsTT...

Jaw still feeling bad. Getting fed up / concerned about popping ibuprofen to combat... should it still be hurting 10 days on? Moan moan, chunter chunter :)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Jaw still feeling bad. Getting fed up / concerned about popping ibuprofen to combat... should it still be hurting 10 days on?

Was it compacted? Why did you have it out? If it was impacted they can be a pig to get out and leave a right mess. Dentist had to crack one of mine and remove the pieces, it was sore for about 2 weeks.

You could have an infection or dry socket http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dry-socket-symptoms-and-treatment

Might be a good idea to have it checked out.

tomtom

• forum hero

Jaw still feeling bad. Getting fed up / concerned about popping ibuprofen to combat... should it still be hurting 10 days on?

Was it compacted? Why did you have it out? If it was impacted they can be a pig to get out and leave a right mess. Dentist had to crack one of mine and remove the pieces, it was sore for about 2 weeks.

You could have an infection or dry socket http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dry-socket-symptoms-and-treatment

Might be a good idea to have it checked out.

I dont know... I wasnt in a state to know afterwards! He did tell MrsTT (who was there the take me home) that it was quite a tricky one.. don't think its dry socket or an infection (no bad breath, taste or smells)...  I suspect he just had to smash the shit out of the area..  I havn't gone back as it has progressively got better - just much much slower than I expexted.. anyway.. off to the chemist to get some more painkillers!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Su: Potter (still walking like John Wayne) up to Malham - have a cup of tea and head home. Lie on sofa and unsuccessfully demand pity and comfort from MrsTT...

My mate & I were driven to Portree by his girlfriend for a rest day after the Cuillin Ridge. Oh how she laughed when we failed to walk up the steps from the harbour car park.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Glad the epic report is of interest.

Niceone Mike! Did you tell them that Horseshoe is also part of Hell in the UK?

It's quite hard to effectively describe Horseshoe Quarry to foreign climbers I find!

Loving the outfit.

:lol: Belive it or not that's actually the most flattering photograph of me. The combination of the shorts and a climbing harness was just plain wrong. :sick:

I missed off an important bit of the Hell report- we got 19820 points and did 1410m of climbing each. We were 19th (out of 138 teams) in the Advanced category and climbed the 15th-highest number of tall routes overall (238 teams), which I'm pretty proud of.   :weakbench:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:43:57 pm by cheque »

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Double post removed. :slap:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:44:16 pm by cheque »

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
;D ;D ;D
This was actually a reply to SA Chris and his motorbike riding comment...
Don't know how it got here, when I posted it was the last one.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
Lost the whole of last week to a D & V bug. Nothing positive happened. The idea of climbing feels wrong. Even walking up and down the stairs quickly makes my stomach weird again.

Hopefully something meaningful will happen this week (nothing yet has!).

p.s. nice to see you popping up here Hugh, its Sam!!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Thurs: desultory indoor bouldering session, then tried a few dead lifts (first time for me) as the gym has a great weights area. Worked up to about 120% of bodyweight carefully. Not feeling any significant strain in legs or grip, but the potential for lower back injury disturbs me. I suppose I should keep it going for a few weeks.

Form/technique is important. Check out Mark Ripptoe vids on YouTube

nik at work

• forum hero
Crap week climbing wise, one possibly two BM sessions.
Poop.

JackAus

• junky
STG: More V8s. Consistent sub 75kg.
MTG: V9.
LTG: V11. Fear Factory List. 6/10 done.

Shit week. No outdoors. Pissing me off now.

M: 9 Degrees. Boiling hot, still lapped most of the harder stuff there.
T: St Leonards. Usual Tuesday. Flashed most of the new stuff, couple goes to do others and only 2 problems left. Worked out exactly what I need to train for the DWS project. So started doing that. It's all deep lock on the left that I don't have, so on the campus board I'm now doing 1-3(L)-6(R) and 1-3(R)-5(R). Abit of rest between for maybe half an hour before I move into shoulder physio.
W: Rest.
T: St Leonards. Lapped stuff, made some problems, but focus on the campus board. Lots of training and shoulder work and push ups.
F: Rest.
S: "Rest". Worked. Hardest physical day I've done on rope. Not a rest at all. Brutal.
S: St Leonards. Ruined from yesterday, nothing in me. Tried to train after but didn't get much done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal