UKBouldering.com

Skin re-growth for the soft and sweaty gentleman?? (Read 7043 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I would imagine the rate of regrowth is related to,your personal genetic make up.

As well as age, diet etc?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I dunno my skin has always been pure shite.

I'm sure in the normal moisturiser threads people were recommending stuff that promotes actual regrowth. I don't know the science of it though. I do put vitamin E oil or bio oil shizzle on sometimes, that feels a BIT better.

webbo

• forum hero
 Most creams and moisturisers just keep your skin hydrated which is supposed to help keep it healthy. I suspect axle grease or lard would work as well.

kelvin

• forum hero
When I had to have a skin graft, bio-oil was what all the med people said to use, so I did. Alleviated the itching for sure.
Put a nice gash in a tip two days ago, worked the same route today and it stayed together after two applications of that Elizabeth Arden stuff. Thank fuck I'm now on the trip and not using sandpaper at work every day.

Maybe webbo and lagers are onto something tho... cut the lard from the diet and use it on your tips.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
When I had to have a skin graft, bio-oil was what all the med people said to use, so I did.

Which ones?  Is there any SCIENCE behind this?

kelvin

• forum hero
When I had to have a skin graft, bio-oil was what all the med people said to use, so I did.

Which ones?  Is there any SCIENCE behind this?
I have no idea but that came from the surgeon, nurses and my own doc.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
When I had to have a skin graft, bio-oil was what all the med people said to use, so I did. Alleviated the itching for sure.
Cheers for that. When I have used bio-oil it seems to have "felt" better than moisturising creams, i.e. absorbs better, feels less greasy, makes my skin feel a bit more supple and less pure soft.

I actually once put anti-hydral on, then put a bit of bio-oil on top, before going to bed. This seemed to make my skin feel a bit more leathery, which was what I was after. Maybe unscientific but maybe the combination of drying moisture out of the skin and replacing it with oil?? Who the fuck knows.

TL, DR: will try more bio-oil when needed.

kelvin

• forum hero
Not tried anti-hydral, my work can dry the skin out horrendously due to plaster and filler.
Now I'm not working, the skin is thickening up anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal