UKBouldering.com

Training for "turning the lip"?? (Read 7712 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Anyone remember the Ackers Trust wall in Birmingham?  It had a classic, 10ft wall to a roof exiting onto a huge ledge made of 1ft thick concrete with no holds beyond the lip, all above a shallow pebbly landing (it was outdoors). 
After much puffing and flailing, and ultimately failing, with both hands and a heel on top it transpired that the way to do it was to hang free facing out and invert so that both feet went first and once your hips were over you were sorted.  This did mean that you were hanging upside down 10ft above a shallow pebbly landing looking at breaking your neck if you fell but somehow it didn't seem as scary then as it does sitting here now. 
I am yet to employee this technique on the rock and it appears this was time wasted showboating when I could have been practicing something more useful like one armers

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Do you ever just cut loose and plant a foot on? Sometimes this helps stopping your body getting stuck under the roof. We need some video of your failures...

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#27 Re: Training for "turning the lip"??
October 09, 2015, 07:39:16 pm
Yeah no problem cutting loose, no problem getting feet around the lip, it's mostly just my fat arse. I will investigate further.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#28 Re: Training for "turning the lip"??
October 12, 2015, 10:37:09 am
just my fat arse.

Cut down on MaccyD?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal