UKBouldering.com

BMC Insurance offer for Autumn Euro trips (Read 3581 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
BMC Insurance offer for Autumn Euro trips
October 02, 2015, 02:17:13 pm
Summer is over and the clocks are turning back soon; but don’t plunge into dark despair. Plan a hot rock escape to see you through the autumn half-term break. This October, BMC Travel Insurance is offering its European Rock policy for just £29.99 for a week.

Sport climbing in Siurana? Bouldering in Bulgaria? Trad climbing in Turkey?  Kalymnos. Costa Blanca, Sicily. Croatia. Mallorca or Ariege…wherever you’re planning to get pumped this autumn, don’t forget to pack BMC Travel Insurance so you can relax and concentrate on the climbing.

At the BMC, we’ve been insuring climbers like you for over 30 years. Now you can take advantage of our new series of seasonal offers on popular travel policies.

All European Rock policies have an additional 12.5% off online this October. Take out any single trip BMC European Rock policy and get 12.5% off, OR buy any annual European Rock policy within October for the same great deal.

This means, we’re delighted to be able to offer 7 days European Rock cover at just £29.99. This covers all types of rock climbing in Europe within the month of October 2015. Single trip cover can be bought within October for trips that end on or before 8 November.

Access to BMC Travel Insurance is a membership benefit available only to BMC members.  But fear not, you can join us by Direct Debit for just £15.72 for a whole year.  It’s simple to join up at the same time as taking out your travel insurance policy, just tick the box.

This is an online offer but if you have any queries you can call our friendly insurance team on 0161 445 6111.

Don’t hang around. Make the next move. Get a quote now at www.thebmc.co.uk/insure

Check out our discounts on all BMC European Rock Policies this October

All of our policies come with:
•   24-hour emergency assistance helpline
•   £10 million emergency medical cover
•   £100,000 search, rescue and recovery cover
•   £10,000 personal accident cover
•   £5,000 cancellation cover
•   £2,500 baggage cover
•   No age loading until you're 70

Want to know more? Read our 5 reasons why you need BMC Travel Insurance:  www.thebmc.co.uk/bmc-insurance-climbing-walking-mountaineering

andy_e

• forum hero
Do you get trip reimbursement if you don't tick your project?

andy_e

• forum hero
Ah what, you have to be a member of the BMC to get insurance? Seems a bit strange...

a dense loner

• forum hero
They've always done that, but used to be £30 to become a member. That's why I started to use other comps

andy_e

• forum hero
Yeah, not paying £31 to save £5...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:58:33 pm by andy_e »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
you can join us by Direct Debit for just £15.72

odd price - there's clearly a hidden message in those numbers

dave

Does it cover against accidental self-immolation?

a dense loner

• forum hero
How do you save £5 Andy if you take 15.72 from 30? I wouldn't let you work out oxygen intake with that maths even if you do have a gcse at grade c or above

andy_e

• forum hero
Let's work it out.

Insurance costs ~£43.
Discount ~£5.
To get discount I need to pay £31.44 to join the BMC (or £15.72 if I pay by direct debit, which I didn't notice before).

Therefore, to save £5 off my insurance, I need to pay £31.44 (or £15.72 if I pay by direct debit).

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
so it's like getting BMC membership for £10.72 instead of £31.44

I'll forward the link to Martin Lewis

dave

Of course since we're all in the BMC anyway in order to support their sterling local access work and national level advocacy work this discussion is moot isn't it?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Regardless of having BMC membership or not, it is worth checking other providers such as Snowcard as they often beat the BMC on price (not had to make a claim so can't comment on quality of service).

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
everybody should join the BMC, especially if they regularly go climbing in Britain

with the amount of hours that people put in, paid and unpaid, the BMC is probably the best value you will ever get anywhere ever

better than a Lidl sale in India

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Sorry to be a naysayer.

I don't have a lot of accidents but I do like scones and Earl Grey.

So for me National Trust is best value.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal