UKBouldering.com

Terrace property conversions - Sheffield (Read 18701 times)

tomtom

• forum hero

What are you trying to buy? A Lego house?

They're the new house in the block.

cha1n

• forum hero
buying things makes me feel good

That's her excuse... OK, she's not on an amazing salary because she had to take a pay cut as she left teaching and went back to law (now on 20k). Not being funny but my bank balance has never got down to £8 since I've been working. I blame the parents...

a dense loner

• forum hero
20k, 2k under the ukb level for success  :o

webbo

• forum hero
I think my bank account might be £8 in the black for one day a month if I'm lucky. Usually pay day.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

That's her excuse... OK, she's not on an amazing salary because she had to take a pay cut as she left teaching and went back to law (now on 20k). Not being funny but my bank balance has never got down to £8 since I've been working. I blame the parents...

I do hope that that's £8 after putting in her chunk of the monthly savings for a deposit

webbo

• forum hero

And you never buy anything to make you feel good, like yet another pair of climbing shoes. How many hundreds or thousands of pounds do you spend on your pointless hobby like the rest of us.

cha1n

• forum hero
And you never buy anything to make you feel good

Damn right I do but I don't spend anywhere near that much on it! I'm surprised how many people have defended her actions when I mentioned what she did (again, considering we're in agreement that we're supposed to be saving for a house deposit).

Maybe it's something to do with me coming from a family who struggled with money every month and her coming from one where she got whatever she wanted? Anyhow, I've done some research and whilst it's not ideal, no harm done because she didn't go into her overdraft. Lucky!

a dense loner

• forum hero
Defended her actions? She's got £8 in the bank, fuck her off

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Quote from: shark link=topic=26236.msg497942#msg497942 date=

The best investment is in your own career not least because it supports your ability to make other investments including your home.

Correction. Even better to score a thrifty partner with a good career

Paul B

• forum hero
#84 Terrace property conversions - Sheffield
August 29, 2015, 10:17:22 pm
Amen...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal