UKBouldering.com

are some people more injury resistant than others? (Read 23970 times)

squeek

• junky
Quote from: "blondie"

breakfast 11am - 2 small slices of white toast with flora, 1 yoghurt
snack 2pm - bowl of fruit - 1 apple, 1 orange and some cherries
6pm - bowl of vegetables - carrots, peas, sweetcorn and peppers

yesterday
breakfast 11am - 1 yoghurt
tea 5pm - two chicken breasts, lots of vegetables, oven chips

day before yesterday
breakfast - a bowl of cereal (no milk)
snack - an apple
tea -  a toasted bagel

Fuck that!

You're young doing loads of exercise, you can probably eat loads, and not put any weight on, enjoy it whilst you're young and have a fast metabolism.  Once you get old, you'll wish you did eat a load of shit when you didn't have to work so hard to get rid of it afterwards.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
yo carnage i do 3 sets of 12 press ups and 3 sets of 12 tricep pushes every night as well.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
Chuck in some reverse curls for the backs of your forearms as well then. Not every night tho, just once a week will do.

webbo

• forum hero
blondie are you my eleven year old daughter? i have very similar going no where conversations.'dad how do i do this or that'.'you should try this or that'.' yes but/no but'. :wink:

saltbeef

• forum hero
today i ate a bowl of cereal, (big) a banana, a brie and bacon salad monster of a sandwich, i'm just about to have a yoghurt, and i've a table booked at the lion's lair where i intend to have a steak sandwich. and i weigh 10.5 stone and am 5 11. exercise off the weight, i've cycled to and from doncatraz.

webbo

• forum hero
i wish i was that light. maybe i should go on a diet.

cofe

• forum hero
Quote from: "saltbeef"
doncatraz

i know you pain brother (thumps chest twice with fist)

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
I don't want to sound like a know it all arse, but I think it needs to be said for your furure well fair Blondie.

I'm nearing the end of my sport science degree (with the aim to continue working in the field), I'm a qualified fitness instructor, and have read widely on all aspects of climbing training, from books to research articles.  I know what I'm on about.

Blondie, you are going to fuck yourself up, both physically and mentally.  I don't want to embarrass you, but you sound like you've got 'issues' which you really should address.

Training that much everyday, and starving yourself (don't argue, that's what you are doing) is not going to make you stronger.  You WILL suffer injury, and you are likely to suffer from other health problems aswell.

Whenever you train you should intake more calories, not less.

You have to have good rest, otherwise your body will not have time to recover.

If you want more detailed training advice PM me and I'll help you.  But you must stop what you are doing.  Everyone on here is obviously concerned, and you should listen to what they say, there is a huge wealth of experience and knowledge.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Sound advice TH.  I'm a sport science graduate and will be starting research soon.  If you need any training advice just pm me or TH.  

To be honest it would be better to train at a heavy weight and then diet at a seperate point in time.   Aerobic exercise works wonders!

Dad voice(/Be careful and please take some advice /)Dad voice

dave

when i was 17-18 (i.e. not much older then blondie is now) i'd just started climbing and going indoors a fair bit, and in the space of a year put on a stone in weight, from generally filing out and other mucles associated with going climbing a bit (shoulders etc). The moral is at 16 you should expect to be still gaining weight, not loosing it.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Word to that!   :iagree:  Take heed blondie, before you collapse and die.  :rip:

james

• obsessive maniac
Right then,  you are a silly boy, sorry if that sounded harsh but thats what i think.  You should listen to people who know what they are talking about.  When you are a youth you feel invincible, I know, I am still a youth, just older and wiser.  Injury comes on fast and it is not fun, your body is constantly developing, one day you are fine then the next day pop, you are fucked and you didnt even see it coming.  It is no good saying you will stop starving yourself  etc when you feel something, it will probably be to late.
I have tried dieting and over training and all they did were make me feel shit and get me injured.  I now eat what I want and dont realy train.  Go climbing and enjoy yourself,  you will improve just by climbing,  The only time i will start to train is when I feel I have reached a plateau from just climbing.  
If you still feel the need to train then please ask someone who knows about it first.  You presumably are still growing, dont fuck yourself up, think about the long term.  Have fun.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
lol, cheerz james. i've had some discussions with T.H and dylan and they've sorted me out. i'm still training hard just having more rest days, not doing so many hard days in a row etc.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
does that mean not punching walls as well james?

james

• obsessive maniac
I dont know what you are talking about jim :roll:

Mr.Burns

• stalker
"am i heading for a serious injury?

Yes! as an expert in in anatomy I would say the most likely consequence of all your training is that your head will fall off!! which will lead to you think the bowderstone problems are sandbags!!   :thissucks:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
if it sucks don't reply on it then.

which will lead to you think the bowderstone problems are sandbags

thats rich coming from some one who could barely do picnic sarcastic.

Mr.Burns

• stalker
I'm not gonna start a bitch fight with you but for the record I have done picnic sarcastic from a sds and a standing start and its easy! don't tell me you have never had a bad day when you don't climb well?

Also if you are gonna come out with all that "thats rich" crap are you not the same person recommending Steffan Grosman sds and Red Baron sds and all those hard problems at little font? if so than thats rich comming from someone who can't do the first move on power pinch ( unless of course you were having a bad day? in which case I understand)
 :argue:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Chill out please lads...

...this ain't

account_inactive

• forum hero
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
LOL

unless of course you were having a bad day? in which case I understand

not a bad day, but i'd been on the 50 degree cellar board and campus boards at keswick for the previous 2 1/2 hours and it was my third day on. and just for the record i reckon Steffan Grosman sds is fuckin easier than ps ss or pp cos the footholds on it aren't coated in glass.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
I guess your training is paying off if you think Stefan Grossman SDS is easy.

account_inactive

• forum hero
I thought that was nails?

Fuckin good effort if you think its easy :shock:

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
fuck me i never did, but u can tell if a problems easier than an other. put it this way, i spent 2 hours on picnic sarcastic and still can't do it, i spent 30 mins on stephan grossman ss and did all the moves. didn't link them cause my skin was fooked. but sadly it ain't no v11 its v9 at best.
shit after sayin that i'll have to haul my ass back over there and actually do it now.
the first move is by far the easiest on the problem so why anyone wud think it adds two grades on i don't know :?

Greg C

• forum hero
Look I don't know what your trying to prove but all you seem to be achieving so far is winding people up with these in your face statments about problems which you have not even done!

So far you have commented on the grades of Khoukuri V8 (you said V7), Picnic Sarcastic SS V8 (You seem to reckon V11) and Stefan Grossman (you reckon V9) and by your own admission you have not climbed any of these problems! So why do you feel obliged to enlighten us all with your opinion of the grades?

Why don't you tell us which hard problems you have done and I'll be alot more interested to hear your opinion on the grades.

All the problems you have been banging on about have been given there grades by people with far more experience than you, so why dont you just respect that and actually send the problems instead of banging on about the grades!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal