UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 285 27th July - 2nd Aug 2015 (Read 13215 times)

iain

• forum abuser
JackAus, must be great having your own personal photographer, always makes things/you look good  :)
Haha... All my photos (bar only the top one above) are screengrabs from my go pro, thats it... :D
I'm genuinely surprised at that, results look good.

And kudos for the grade approach.

Here are a few links:
http://www.alaska.org/advice/alaska-bore-tide
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2014/08/surfing-alaskas-bore-tide/100787/
 and there are some pretty cool videos around on the web
That looks like a lot of fun Sas, hope life things ease off a bit.

iain

• forum abuser
How have you been dropping weight? I just seem to get fatter and fatter  :'(
Won't that just be getting you up to normal size levels  :P

Three Nine

• forum hero
10st 9 1/4lbs, route weight was always 10st and boulder weight was always 10 4. Dont know what i've done  :sick:

Doylo

• forum hero
10st 9 1/4lbs, route weight was always 10st and boulder weight was always 10 4. Dont know what i've done  :sick:

It happens in puberty

Three Nine

• forum hero
Well i still dont have any armpit hair or desire to get a bird so it cant be that. More like male menopause.

petejh

• forum hero
My creatine trick worked.

Three Nine

• forum hero
Not touching that shit again

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
3.9 have you been dieting?

Three Nine

• forum hero

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
Well i still dont have any desire to get a bird so it cant be that.

How's that closet thing working out for you, fatty....
 :ras: :ras: :ras:

Doylo

• forum hero
Well i still dont have a desire to get a bird so it cant be that.

Cue a sigh of disappointment from the female population

petejh

• forum hero
..and the piqued interest of Oxford gentlemen who prefer blondes..

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
No  :spank:
I asked because going on a sudden and strict dieting regimen could seriously alter the metabolism to the point that you keep lowering the calories intake and nonetheless you keep putting on weight.

Three Nine

• forum hero
Well i still dont have any desire to get a bird so it cant be that.

How's that closet thing working out for you, fatty....
 :ras: :ras: :ras:

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
STG More 7c+/8a sport and 7C boulder
LTG 8b and 8A

M. Wall - new yellows (V6+). Spent most the session trying these, did a handful of them. 1 armers x 5 on each arm (not continuous). Pressups. Elbow tendon exercises for 10mins.

T.

W. Wall - CWP 1 arm hang routine. Fixed sling instead of pulley today. Front levers x 5 (hold for 2-3s). Pressups. Tired after drinking too much the night before.

T. Cheedale Cornice. Met up with Stone at the cornice. Had a good afternoon working Jug Jockey, 1st session on this route and linked in 2 halves. Should be able to give some decent redpoint goes on next visit. Thanks again Stone, pleasure to meet/climb with you.

F. Wall - Normal power endurance routine. Also did a set of 4x4s (V4/5). Pressups.

S.

S.Wall - Normal power endurance routine. Max length hang ~ 3min 40s (big rungs, feet on, mild movement up and down). 1 set of 4x4s. Pressups.

Good week. 4 decent training/indoor sessions plus a visit to the cornice. Jug Jockey is a cool route and doesn't feel that difficult for me. Might have a look at some of the more bouldery routes soon...

JackAus

• junky
How have you been dropping weight? I just seem to get fatter and fatter  :'(

Mainly eating slightly healthier and generally less overall. Mixed in with a bunch of gym work (alot of sprints on rower because running and bike hurt my knees) and I suppose having a physical job has helped too. Went from 90kg a few months ago to steadily around 75/76kg atm. Not done any gym stuff in a while and weight still slowly going down. Still plenty of fat to lose.

I'm genuinely surprised at that, results look good.

And kudos for the grade approach.

Just the Hero 4 Silver. And thanks! :)

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
STG:      get some decent alpine routes done on DAV trip to Gesäuse at start of August. Not really. Nice area though.
                Get a couple of days climbing in on UK family visit mid August
MTG (2015): redpoint two more 7a’s and a 7a+
LTG (2016/2017): Redpoint 7b (Sautanz)

M:
T: Bike 40 mins
W: Beastmaker max hangs. Sore left index finger so bailed on four finger crimps; did extra sets of middle 2 instead.
T:
F: Bike 40 mins
S: Gesäuse alpine outing. Alpine start from Munich @ 3:30, but today was the first day of the Bavarian school holiday and google maps' estimated "three to four hours" took eight. Arrived at the hut at lunchtime, no question of embarking on any of the local north faces this late, went for a walk.
S: Gesäuse. Rain. Shifted basecamp to a different hut on the other side of the valley in the hope that south facing routes will dry quicker. More Training For The New Alpinism aka hiking uphill with a gbfo rucksack.

nik at work

• forum hero
Two weeker for me, sorry...

STG,MTG,LTG,BHAG as before

Week 1
M-F - can't remember exactly but I'd say 3 BM sessions would sound about right. Also managed to half do a mono one armer for the first time in a while :2thumbsup:
S - LPT for first time ever. Hello Mr Chaz  :wave: I was the shambling chump who sprockled a poor burn on Bad Bad Boy betwixt the redpointing pair. Had a fun day aside from a burn on Bad Bad Boy did Under The Boardwalk and The Death Of Inkie Pinkie???? or something like that?? and also had a thunderbirds style rescue mission of a damsel in distress in our team after a losing the race with the tide/rope snagging flipperdingle. Splendid
S - nowt

Week 2
M - Bike park Wales uplift. First time doing somethign like this and t'was splendid. Had a lot of fun tumbling over the handlebars and lacerating my shins on pedals. Brilliant.
T-S - Nothing, combination of busy evenings and visiting relatives. But did get my CBT done and am now putt-putting around on my 125, very syked to get the test done...

Week 1 was pretty good, week 2 less so in terms of climbing. However got a few other things done and a bit of rest before going for the burn for the 3 month run up might be a good thing (this weeks climbing is thus far non existent also...). Bike Park Wales was ace, we should all give up climbing and go downhilling...

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Nothing.
Tue. Board repeated a couple of things plus a few things with screw on feet for the first time. The repeated Saturdays problems, not a bad session.
Wed. Bike 1 hour steady felt a bit crap.
Thu. Board did few new things after working them for a while, not going that well.
Fri. Bike  40.24 miles 2hrs 19mins.
Sat. Ravenswick quarry greasy and humid, struggled a lot before managing to repeat a problem I'd done before in much colder conditions. Did quite a lot of climbing but not much ticking.
Sun. Bike 78.10 miles 4hrs 21 mins very windy, battered myself as usual.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
 :wave: back at you Nik

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
am now putt-putting around on my 125

... on the IoM? Like this?

nik at work

• forum hero
To me it feels like this:

But probably looks more like this:

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
That's how it has to be for me. Having fun and being safe.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
M: Rest

T: 25 mins Aerocap and stretching

W: D******, back on the project I bolted last year, felt just as hard but worked some micro beta and got reacquainted. Had a few sort of working go/redpoints but kept coming off pre-crux.

T: 25 mins Aerocap and stretching

F: Antags and Stretching

S: D******, felt awesome warming up on the proj, 1st RP: fell midway through crux sequence after the crux clip. 2nd RP: got a move higher, 3rd RP managed to hold it together and with some shouting made it to the chains. Well psyched! Partner got the 2nd ascent and reckoned soft 7b+. Hardest route I've done for sure, happy days!

S: Rest
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:29:43 am by Luke Owens »

andy_e

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal