UKBouldering.com

North Wales psyched shower-dodging / training partners for August?? (Read 2521 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I'm based in Bangor for a few weeks and free most days, the plan is to climb in The Pass, Moelwyns, Arennig, Rhinnogs etc, BUT the weather has other plans i.e. the usual sunshine and showers bollox.

So I'm looking for keen partners to get out around the coastal fringes and other quick drying stuff - A55 crags, Pen Trwyn, Slate, Gogarth, etc etc. Trad, sport or even bouldering - I just want to keep getting out. Happy to get mileage at popular areas, explore esoterica, or dick around on sport projects.

I climb around E2-ish / F6c-ish but happy to follow easier stuff, ab for gear, and belay on harder, including redpoint sessions. I've got a car, all the gear, and most guides. Happy to climb with most people as long as they are competent and friendly. It would be quite nice to meet up with some of the NWLime mafia while I'm here - Luke, Adam, Doylo, Pete, etc?

If anyone is keen, contact me on fiendophobia [at] googlemail [dot] com or 07958343645

Doylo

• forum hero
I'll be keen for Llanddulas but I'm currently working away and don't know when I'm back.

tomtom

• forum hero
Have a day trip to Ysgo in mind at some point (will be mid week) if that appeals..

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Sure as long as it's cold enough  :ninja:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Free and keen for Marine Drive / Slate from 5-ish this evening, forecast is great later on...

petejh

• forum hero
I'm focussing my efforts this month on a couple of routes at the Diamond (the brute and a newie), a trad proj on Detritus Wall, and a trad proj on Lower St Tudno on the Great Orme. So I doubt I'd be up for going elsewhere this month unless connies are completely crap (possible by the looks of things this week!).

Nothing on the Diamond or Detritus Wall in the 6s/E2. But St Tudno's and the nearby Hornby crags and Teal Wall have a load of good stuff in that range. Good for afternoon/evening sun. If I get one of my Diamond routes done quickly I'd be up for Tudno's.

If you're on facebok there are a couple of partners pages - 'north wales sport climbers' and 'north wales climbers', usually a few people keen to hook up.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
I think Marine drive is off limits before 6pm due to kids summer holidays
LPT is fine though

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'm focussing my efforts this month on a couple of routes at the Diamond

Is the Diamond open yet? I've got the S,S,M free this week and quite keen to get there if possible.

a dense loner

• forum hero
You've got a day trip to ysgo tomtom? Good god that's keen!

tomtom

• forum hero

You've got a day trip to ysgo tomtom? Good god that's keen!

Well it's about 2.5 hours from here.. And a great spot.. But not a trip is make every week :)

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
Hope it's going well Fiend I've used up my pass this week, but I'm working at the Beacon 12-10 today and Thurs if you end up there. May get an evening boulder at mymbyr next week

petejh

• forum hero
I'm focussing my efforts this month on a couple of routes at the Diamond

Is the Diamond open yet? I've got the S,S,M free this week and quite keen to get there if possible.

The Kittiwake colony is still there but all of the young have now fledged and are building up their flying. They're a lot later departing the cliff this year than the previous two - they'd all gone by July 25th the last two years. Cooler temps perhaps? Although I've no ieaa what the actual factors are, maybe it's just random.

Going by the terms of agreement with NRW next weekend should be fine to climb. I emailed Elfyn last night and he said he'd update the BMC RAD at the end of this week.

For those considering a journey this weekend, the tides are a little early for primo condtions unless it's windy or forecasting dry air (low humidity) - in which case early in the day is fine. Mid-afternoon onwards is best on marginal days. The warmer the air the greater the margin between good-to-greasy, hence why August good days>September>October.

I'll post up a link later to a local amateur weather station which I find useful for predicting condtions at the Diamond.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Nothing on the Diamond or Detritus Wall in the 6s/E2. But St Tudno's and the nearby Hornby crags and Teal Wall have a load of good stuff in that range. Good for afternoon/evening sun. If I get one of my Diamond routes done quickly I'd be up for Tudno's.

If you're on facebok there are a couple of partners pages - 'north wales sport climbers' and 'north wales climbers', usually a few people keen to hook up.
Cheers Pete. Have been getting some Plan B psyche with your guide :). Tudno's area does look good yeah, would be happy with that. I'd actually be up for a look at the Diamond if you can't get any of your usual crew - I could do a 7b/c and that 7a sounds great. Thanks for the FB groups, have applied.

Hosey I am also getting psyche with your / Robins Slate guide, I didn't realise how much stuff was scattered around. Went to the Railway Track area the other day, everything we did was good. Let me know about evening bouldering yeah.

Anyway, in the same position today - mountains damp, keen for slate / coastal fringes, anyone free this evening please txt me.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Cheers Pete, not looking great for this weekend then.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal