UKBouldering.com

How far to drive to train? (Read 7768 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 Re: How far to drive to train?
July 18, 2015, 06:55:10 pm
Re nibs and webbo, I want to see which of us can get to the board first, it's a walk-off

rodma

• forum hero
#26 Re: How far to drive to train?
July 18, 2015, 10:03:12 pm
Now I feel really guilty Andy. I have your old van for easy weekends away, have a 4second walk to the nearest training facility and 5 minute walk to the nearest wall.

Maybe you and the other climbers could buy an old wreck of a bus (if you can't get a barn ), pay the same farmer you used to, to park on a crappy corner of his land (or closer ) and fit it out as an amazing board.

Wine has an amazing effect on me, it's almost like it makes me a genius, only one that's brains have already been eaten by zombies.

You have to do something, otherwise you're just commuting, even if it is to do something you love doing

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#27 Re: How far to drive to train?
July 18, 2015, 10:40:32 pm
Now I feel really guilty Andy. I have your old van for easy weekends away, have a 4second walk to the nearest training facility and 5 minute walk to the nearest wall.

Maybe you and the other climbers could buy an old wreck of a bus (if you can't get a barn ), pay the same farmer you used to, to park on a crappy corner of his land (or closer ) and fit it out as an amazing board.

Wine has an amazing effect on me, it's almost like it makes me a genius, only one that's brains have already been eaten by zombies.

You have to do something, otherwise you're just commuting, even if it is to do something you love doing

Glad the van is still going strong. I'm sure board options will reveal themselves. meanwhile I have just mad the decision to go to Font for two months this autumn, so I don't need a board anyhow. +1 for wine :)

seankenny

• forum hero
#28 Re: How far to drive to train?
July 19, 2015, 03:36:31 pm
bin off the driving; at minimum put a couple of skinny wooden rungs up,  get a screw out pull up bar and some rock rings,and a stopwatch.

:agree:

I took a pull up bar, rock rings and a stopwatch on a month-long work trip to South Sudan - it worked brilliantly alongside trips to the gym, which was also accomodating with me using rock rings on their bar. If it works in Juba, it'll work in Cornwall!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#29 Re: How far to drive to train?
July 19, 2015, 05:59:59 pm
To be fair that was only for a month and you were somewhere novel. I've done the same in a few different places but it's certainly no substitute for where you live and can consistently train to a better standard. A really good stopgap tho certainly

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#30 Re: How far to drive to train?
August 07, 2015, 07:19:52 pm
I'm happy to say that my boards are going to be reinstated soon, at more or less the old venue. Driving to the one other board in this neck of the woods has been a bit frustrating in the summer traffic, a journey that should take 35-40 mins took me 2 hours on Wednesday >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal