UKBouldering.com

Old men not as good as they thought they were. (Read 4732 times)

gme

• forum hero
Important news coming out of Heely.

Andy Coish and Rich Heap have gained access to the old schoolroom.

Using complex trigonometry,  a piece of paper, string and a rule they can now confirm that the angle of the old 50 degree board was in fact only 52.17 degrees and not 56 as built in the new school.

Also it has been identified that it wasnt actually flay but had sagged over the years so was steeper at the bottom than the top.

They are now going to check the new board using the same equipment and an abacus.

I have no idea what effect this has on the grades down there but it does prove that you cant trust the Iphone angle measure.

Also engineering degrees must not include a trigonometry module.

dave

Was it ever in doubt? Can I make a guess on the 30 degree board. Currently 28 degrees, actual old school 31deg?

P.s. Looks like my angle analysis based on the old "Ritchie on turd reich" photo was actuallly right then. Engage smug mode....

T_B

• forum hero
Quelle surprise!

gme

• forum hero
I think Ben will change it so be interesting to see what difference it makes. I climbed on the moonboard at 45 in Sheffield and 40 at home and it didn't seem that much different

T_B

• forum hero
Well, given that I'm bouldering harder now outside than in 2000/2001 when I used to do Total Recoil multiple times in a session, I'm expecting it to feel easier  ;)

dave

Might be a good time to unearth this classic piece of cracktalk from Dense:

The board being at the wrong angle only helps the tall, if it was the correct angle the move would be smaller.

Make of that what you will.

tomtom

• forum hero
As Dense has started referring to himself in the third person, I think we should start calling him 'The Dense'...

(As with Zlatan)

Doylo

• forum hero
I'm glad I didn't get to climb on it again now ...

a dense loner

• forum hero
Make of that that you've took that quote out of context? I was referring to a specific move, you can tell this from the use of the word "move". Said move is easier for the tall.
Of course the 50 boards at the wrong angle I said this the moment I saw it and got laughed at.

dave

Luckily it was just as bonkers when taken in context.

a dense loner

• forum hero
I stand corrected then. No move is easier for the tall. God that's been a long time coming. Maybe I'll sleep tonight after getting that off my chest after all these years

ferret

• forum abuser
I stand corrected then. No move is easier for the tall. God that's been a long time coming. Maybe I'll sleep tonight after getting that off my chest after all these years

It all depends on the length of your legs and how flexible your hips are

cowboyhat

• forum hero

Cheers mate!

a dense loner

• forum hero
I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Not sure whether it was the full moon, the heat, the scary thunder and lightning, or something else?

tomtom

• forum hero

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Not sure whether it was the full moon, the heat, the scary thunder and lightning, or something else?

Something keep poking you in the back? ;)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Your conscience, knowing you are perpetuating such lies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal