UKBouldering.com

[Cheshire][Harmer's Wood][The Prodigal Sons][6C+] (Read 3340 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Andy pointed me at this and I'm very glad that he did. A nice wall climb. Highball. Worth repeating and the top out will stay clean as you use a root and tree .
In Haydn's Quarry, climb the back wall just left of the right-hand corner, using a pair of invisi-holds and a long reach.

Andy's other climb on this wall, The Midnight Bell, looks very good indeed and wild, but has succumbed to brambles on top. An interested party would clear these in the space of 10 minutes - hardly a chore. The highballs in Haydn's all look stunning and there is plenty more to go at (hand's off Andy's project!). Get stuck in, locals.

Yet again I have failed to repeat it for video so you will have to make do with this.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Looks like a place to get strong fingers...

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
Ace, well done. I was just looking at this yesterday - looks really good. Sadly out of my price bracket at the moment! Looks like it might stay drier than Midnight Bell.

tomtom

• forum hero
Good sequence Will - I had several plays on this whilst andy was working his thing.. getting stood up in the break seemed really hard. That nubbin above the break you reach is really shit!

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Looks awesome, anyone fancy giving me a tour of Harmer's Wood some time in the near future? I've never been and haven't got a clue what's what but I love highball lines.

Cheers!

andy popp

• forum hero
Great to see Will climb this today. Luke, weather allowing, I'll be there Thursday morning (though early, like from 8.30) - alas, after that, I'm in the US for ten days.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
alas, after that, I'm in the US for ten days.

Not alas for you!

nik at work

• forum hero
More a lass isn't it?

andy popp

• forum hero
I'll have you know this is a very serious work trip!

Mostly.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
And just to ensure that all credit is dispensed where it is due, there was a concerted abseil cleaning effort on this. All Andy's hard work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal