UKBouldering.com

BMC Peak Area meeting. 3rd June 2015 (Read 2244 times)

Moff

BMC Peak Area meeting. 3rd June 2015
May 28, 2015, 06:52:57 pm
Details of next BMC Peak Area meeting:

Date: Wednesday 3 June 2015, starting at 8.00pm

Venue: The Winking Man pub, Buxton Road, Upper Hulme, Staffordshire ST13 8UH

Peter and Cath, our two hill walking representatives, will lead a guided walk around The Roaches area ending at The Don Whillans Memorial Hut. Meet at the south end of the Roaches at the Roaches Gate by the car parking lay-by (SK 004 621) to start walking at 6.30pm. The hut will be open from 7.00pm for a nosey around and a cup of tea/coffee, and of course...cake.

Bring some cash
We’ll have Stanage stickers, Life of a Mountain DVDs and copies of the brand spanking new Peak Limestone North guidebook available to purchase on the evening (oh yes).

For more information, and to download the June 2015 Peak Area Newsletter, visit the BMC Local Areas site:
http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3415

dave

Any reports from the meeting? I took a wrong turn and ended up climbing at Burbage instead.

danm

• junky
Any reports from the meeting? I took a wrong turn and ended up climbing at Burbage instead.

The chips were reet good.

I was well impressed by the SWT dude, very keen and sounds open to feedback and suggestions. They also sound like quite a people focussed organisation, so a thumbs up from me that they are running the Roaches estate.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
That's great to hear.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
That's great to hear.

Yes he was very personable and eager although his assitant was a woman of few (no) words. He canvassed o[inion on  the removal of the lower tier Rhododendron and was anxious that nobody would be upset about the nesting signs placed at the top of Hen Cloud. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal