UKBouldering.com

Posterior arm/Triceps(?) pain when doing pull ups. (Read 1761 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
As the title suggests, basically.

About three weeks ago, I ended up catching a disabled boy during a teaching session.
I felt my Triceps, on the left, strain.
The initial (mild) pain eased quickly and there was no sequelae or morning pain the next day.

Until I tried a pull up.

Then there was blinding, walk around the training room saying "FuckFuckFuckFuckFeeeeuuck" for two to three minutes (there may have been a "sheeeeit" or two (not sure if that's significant)).

Being me, on recovering breath and engaging idiot mode; I discovered that by the time I had done ten pull ups, The pain was gone and I could proceed to Campus board.

"Ah hah!" Said the idiot " this will exercise out in no time!"

Enter (stage left) three weeks of "FuckFuckFuckFuckFeeeeeFuckinguck".
Because I basically have to do this every bloody day (so I just get it out the way before anyone else arrives at the wall).

Once active the pain is greatly reduced, however, attempts to warm up by doing Lat pull downs with lighter than body weight or foot on pulls on the ladder, have no effect on the incidence of "FuckFuckFucking" when eventually engaging in pull ups.

No amount of Dips, Press ups, swinging on rings or any other Triceps dependent exercise induces one iota of pain.

So, although the pain appears to originate at or above the Lateral Head of said traitorous body component, I note with concern that 'ole Terres major has an insertion not too far north...

Google has failed to provide a obvious cure (I might sue), so I throw it too the collected wisdom of the UK's finest and best informed agony aunts.

Or, to put it another way.

Why the fuck does my pigging arm hurt so bloody much?   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

siderunner

• regular
  • more of a route-climber than boulderer, but hey
If this is affecting your work at a wall - and it sounds like it is - you should get a quick physio referral out of a GP. Surely the best way forward 3 weeks in?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal