UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club 267 23rd March - 29th March 2015 (Read 11672 times)

petejh

• forum hero
I don’t think I have hurt myself seriously (can’t be arsed to go to ER or see a doctor) but it looks like I won’t be training seriously for a while.  :(

If you haven't hurt yourself seriously then what's your excuse?   :whistle:

kelvin

• forum hero
A mixed week from everyone - some really nice stuff tho.

Monday was an odd day. Got the YYFY call from the Doc but also had the results back from the MRI on the left knee. Seems I tore the medial ligament again at the end of January before I had the couple of sessions with John Kettle, so all that icing and contrast stuff must have helped, as I pretty much just carried on climbing, all be it easier stuff.

Mon - Boulder. Tips sore after Curbar but got on a couple of V5s, the V4 on the 45 - great session till arms went empty and headed home.
Tue - Was gonna do arc session but just belayed my mate - tips knackered.
Wed - Gig. Much beer.
Thu - Hungover.
Fri - Rough.
Sat - Pulled muscle in back, so stretched etc.
Sun - Sore. Climbing Unit in Derby for the first time. Nice place, Font grades. Did a load of easy stuff whilst doing my drills. Then tried lots of harder stuff but moved on after maybe two or three goes. Bagged a few pinks, flashed a harder one  ;D Managed the crux moves on some oranges. Even tried some of the superior being problems.

Dense said the other day on one thread or another that anyone can hang one armed on a jug - so I spent the week trying to hang from the scaffold at work. Not a chance, just slipped off instantly. Just can't grip well enough on a piece of cold steel that size. Friday put my best efforts in but woke up on Saturday, tangled in the bedsheets with my right arm twisted under me. Think all the trying to hang one armed didn't help and something's amiss. Scaffold 1 - 0 Kelvin

Only two sessions this week, poorest effort in a long while but happy with both. Skin would have been too thin to climb in between anyway. Feeling strong for me at the moment.

webbo

• forum hero
 Mon. Nothing.
Tue. Board repeated some recent problems, not a bad session.
Wed. Turbo 1 hour.
Thu. Board easy mirror, didn't complete last 4 problems due to splitting a tip.
Fri. Bike 1 hour about 16 miles, intervals 20 secs on 40 secs off x5 3 sets.
Sat. Board working some new projects, need a bit more work.
Sun. Board easy mirror session. Turbo 1 hour.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
I don’t think I have hurt myself seriously (can’t be arsed to go to ER or see a doctor) but it looks like I won’t be training seriously for a while.  :(

If you haven't hurt yourself seriously then what's your excuse?   :whistle:

I could have worded that better: "I don't think I have actually broken anything but ...". Inability to flex right leg or use right arm without rib pain seems to rule out a good range of activities. There is always doing the dishes, I guess?
And ironing

JackAus

• junky
STG: Another V7. Drop down to sub 80kg. The Trance.
MTG: V8. Sub 75kg.
LTG: V11

M: St Leonards. Made up problems to V6ish.
T: St Leonards. Made up problems to V6ish.
W: Rest.
T: St Leonards. Made up problems to V6ish. Followed up with an intense fingerboard and campus session. Getting better on small rungs.
F: St Peters. Intense climb after a long day. Did a bunch of the harder stuff there, then just made my own problems.
S: Fear Factory after work. Me and housemate trying our respective projects on rope. Mine is a rarely repeated 6m insecure slab over a shit landing and gets V4.... His is a new line that he's been working for 4 years, out a roof then up a slightly overhanging head wall. top is about 5m high and over similar shit landing. Its about V11.
I managed to sort out a sequence and eventually did it clean on rope. We had 2 pads with us but I wasn't game to try it in the dark and only 2 pads. No more rope for that problem. I'll do it over pads next time.
S: Rest

Nearly at weight related STG. Maybe this week.

tomtom

• forum hero
Some great posts this week - and some ouches (Habrich...)

Nice to hear Shark is getting to tickle the horn again. Its a tender tale.

M: Work
T: Drove to Widdop.. it was snowing when I got there :( Ended up diverting to Logport wall...
W: Nice trip to Helsby in't woods.. did a FA (I think) of a nice moderately eliminate problem right of the nose...

T:Not Work
F: Brownstones. I went on the mission to get Groundhog.. I normally get to the problem late in the session - but spent a good 90 min on it as shown below...

Sa: MrsTT away for the weekend! free pass! SHITE weather...
Su: Still shit weather - drove to Brownstones once the rain had stopped - still gopping so went to Logport wall...

iain

• forum abuser
W: Get up and my shoulder's so sore I can barely put a top on. After a bit of googling and chatting to my physio sister I've got a strain of the AC joint ligaments. Advice is to ice, rest and gently mobilise without pain.
Horribly familiar. Don't go mad too soon is my general advice.
Thanks Duncan.

Just went to the works and couldn't even warm up without the shoulder hurting, no climbing holiday for me either :wall:

Time for a physio visit and rehab, will rejoin pc when I can climb again.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Unlucky iain, heal fast (but don't push it)

erm, sam

• forum hero
I get AC joint strains from time to time. Not as bad as yours sounds but it always calms down if I lay off for a week or two. Bad news about the holiday though..

kelvin

• forum hero

Time for a physio visit and rehab, will rejoin pc when I can climb again.

Sorry to hear that Iain - hope the recovery doesn't take too long,

iain

• forum abuser
Thanks for the thoughts guys, appreciate it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal