UKBouldering.com

turntillburn (rollybar) : whatvam i training and how should i do it? (Read 1676 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
One of my favorite training gadgets is a turntillburn swivel bar.

I'm current using it as a way to get pumped at home when I can't do a roped session (I aim at doing three to five pumpy sessions a week, or the equivalent, in terms of forearm volume and intensity, of 15 to 25 last move falls on a redpoint.)

Yet I'm not totally sure about what I'm doing, and I'd like to have an independent opinion.

Description:
-2 mins of finger curls on the bar, at a constant load. Roughly 50 curls.
-I finish close to failure, feeling a debilitating pain in my forearms. I'm not really "pumped" (my forearm doesn't look stiff or flooded with blood, interestingly it does so a few seconds after I finish the 2 min set)

I am using 2 mins as I want it to simulate climbs that are a little longer than that (a real climb will include a few secs of rests at each hand move and will therefore be less pumpy for a similar load and time)

Questions:
-what does this look like, in terms of the an/aero cap/pow nomenclature that is popular on this forum?

-should i go to real failure, as "not being able to complete the next curl and falling on my sacrum"? Or these two or three extra curls don't add a lot?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal