UKBouldering.com

Lost - brush on a stick - Caley (Read 2117 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 24, 2015, 11:49:33 am
Hi, I've mislaid my brush-on-a-stick at Caley (I think) - likely at the roadside end on 14th March.  It's an extendable pole topped by a big soft "Timpson"natural bristle brush with a white toothbrush nailed to it. 

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 10:01:19 am
Well that's a sorry state of affairs  :'( Hope it returns home soon!

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 10:04:07 am
I have visions of a tearful Moose stood abreast of the style by the road, whistling and calling "come ed..." hoping to retrieve his faithful brush on a stick. Alas, it had broken free and was away gallivanting over the moors, free to brush any out of reach hold it wished...

sniff.

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 10:06:22 am
I saw a documentary on this. Bruce Parry tracked it down to a congregation of lost bouldering equipment deep in the Amazon, where it was seen hanging out with r-man's tripod. Bruce's initiation ceremony into the tribe was to take some of the strong local psychoactive root then brush his hair against a rock for two weeks.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 10:29:41 am
Was my orange S7 T shirt there? I've often wistfully wondered what became of it.. So many good memories - so many good times...

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#5 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 11:38:38 am
Fickle and impatient soul that I am I have already constructed a replacement - time (and good weather) wait for no man. 

No doubt in the future I will see a photograph or video of someone using my old stick brush in all its robustly effective extendable majesty.  I will then briefly reminisce about my lost love before, just as the eyes grow misty, dismissively closing the web-page and muttering about how I don't really miss it and how my new brush is better anyway. 

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#6 Re: Lost - brush on a stick - Caley
March 25, 2015, 12:34:41 pm
I have visions of a tearful Moose stood abreast of the style by the road, whistling and calling "come ed..." hoping to retrieve his faithful brush on a stick. Alas, it had broken free and was away gallivanting over the moors, free to brush any out of reach hold it wished...

sniff.

I've now got a vision in my head of Moose walking away from the crag in slow motion, whilst the fickle brush-on-a-stick slips out of his pack onto the ground. Meanwhile a voiceover says "The brush-on-a-stick abandoned Moose", a la "The Ring abandoned Gollum" at the start of the LOTR film.

But then something happened, which the brush-on-a-stick did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely of creatures. A Dobbin, of the limestone cliffs of the Peak District found the brush-on-a-stick... etc etc

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal