UKBouldering.com

Bulking and Cutting with Periodized Programs (Read 17652 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Are there any quickly prepared high-protein packed lunches?  I have never found a truly satisfactory alternative to the sandwich - not without lots of pre-cooking and preparation of fresh ingredients.  I always end up reverting back to bread just because I always have a wholemeal loaf in the freezer and can knock up a sandwich in minutes.

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
Last nights cold leftovers in a tupperware box is the easiest option!

Plattsy

• forum hero
I sometimes cook an omelette the night before and have it for breakfast. 1 minute in the microwave at work does the trick. Not so handy if you don't have access to a fridge and microwave to have for lunch.

abarro81

• forum hero
Making a salad with meat cut up into it doesn't take too long

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Last time I tried to prepare some food in advance for a few days, I ended up eating 1,2 kilos of tripes.
I slept like a baby that night.

T_B

• forum hero
I eat tinned fish and oatcakes 3 times per week. Easy to organise, but not much fun unless you like tinned fish and oatcakes.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
those John West Light Lunches are OK with another tin of fish on top - convenient, but not cheap

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
I eat tinned fish and oatcakes 3 times per week. Easy to organise, but not much fun unless you like tinned fish and oatcakes.

A tub of hummus or some paté is a good alternative to go with oatcakes.

mark s

• junky
my diet has always been eat when hungry,eat less if i want to loose weight and if i want to gain weight i eat even when not hungry.
ive never worried what its consisted of too much,as long as its a mix of everything.

i watched something this week on diets,it was a brit in america. to say they were fucking fruit bats would be an understatement ,one old couple were on a restricted calorie diet.he thought he was really healthy,the old twat looked like if he got a cold he would croak it.
others ate raw food only,others fruit only others a caveman diet. just a bunch of americans who treated diet like a religion

Murph

• forum abuser
Off topic but the old twat was only "mid sixties". Maybe it was my TV reception but he didn't look good on it at all.

FWIW, I agree with your understanding of eat less to lose weight, eat more to gain weight. I'm no expert but have recently got into training and diets and reading up on it, listening to podcasts and such. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors but that's the basic diet principle. I can see why some folk want it to be more complicated but it isn't really.

but I'm still in the getting-the-weight-down phase and have a lot to learn...

petejh

• forum hero
Beyond the scope of this thread, but there's little doubt that calorie restriction (maintaining a balance of nutrients) extends lifespan and/or promotes good health for longer into old age. That doesn't mean it's going to help you train for and send your proj.

Saw that programe - what about the paleo diet guy? He looked in pretty amazing shape for mid-sixties although I wonder what his cholesterol was like...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal