UKBouldering.com

New way of treating tennis elbow here in sweden. (Read 2151 times)

tresor

• regular
Just read a short notice in the morning paper that one of the hospitals here in Sweden have started to treat tennis elbow with Botox. Apparently with great success.

The notice also said that the condition was caused by overload but persisted cause of cronic lack of oxygene in the muscle.
The Botox would give the muscle complete rest and increase the blood flow in the muscle.

I guess the medical part of the notice isn't really accurate.

//Tresor

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Newspaper hype, I'm afraid. Several double blind studies on botox injections to improve tennis elbows have been done before, none with any conclusive positive result afaik.

tresor

• regular
For some selfish reason your answers make me feel a little better, been pain free for about a month now after more or less two years pain one or the other elbow....

//Tresor

danm

• junky
Pretty good elbow maintenance article in the latest Rock & Ice. I've suffered badly in the past with Golfer's elbow and sore forearms (brachioradialis?). Prevention is the best cure for me, since taking up yoga, a good balancing activity to climbing (and sitting at a computer) touch wood I'm stronger and more pain free than ever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal