UKBouldering.com

Can Cannabis make me a better athlete? (Read 8675 times)

rodma

• forum hero
An increase in awareness/concentration with cannabis, utter drivel.

i think that the apparent increase in concentration comes from only (just) managing to think about one thing at a time, whereas the unfoggy mind can cope with thinking about work, dinner, sharking etc.

the stoner mind thinks "wow, this hold feels really small, i can't believe I'm still holding it, this feels really easy to hold this time for some reason", followed by heckles from their mates of "for the love of god would you just pull on or step away from the problem!!!"

You might perceive concentration/focus being greater when under the influence but it is absolutely empiorical bollocks that it actually is.

yes you're quite correct, i accidentally missed out a vital word that i have now inserted, but i had thought you'd have understood me given my second sentence

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I don't think you needed that extra word

if a greater % of a persons available attention and thoughts are aimed at a thing, then they are concentrating on it more

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
I don't think you needed that extra word

if a greater % of a persons available attention and thoughts are aimed at a thing, then they are concentrating on it more
That's like saying if it takes me 100% of effort to lift something vs only 50% of lifting effort to lift that same thing, then I'm lifting more.  Obviously Bollocks.  It just means I'm lifting closer to my capacity. 

Hence if being stoned reducing my capacity for concentration by 50%, then I can at most concentrate at 50% of my non-stoned capacity.  If your capacity was shit to begin with, it doesn't mean you actually got better.  Just that you had shit capacity to begin with.  You'd be better off learning to concentrate better. 

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Well, depends how well you concentrated before. If you only used 30% of 100%, surely 100% of 50% is better?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
deep

I had a brilliant idea that explained and solved this issue for all of mankind for all of time, but it seems to have gone

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I had a brilliant idea that explained and solved this issue for all of mankind for all of time, but it seems to have gone
42?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal