UKBouldering.com

Back physio/person S.Manchester required (Read 2658 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 02:11:34 pm
Hello,
Its time for a second opinion on my lower back issues (no changes in the last 2-3 weeks now after initial improvements). I suspect its time to go down the 'visit the GP' route and all the waits that entails, but in the meantime...

So, can anyone recommend a physio/back person in the general area of S.Manchester? (within a 5-10m radius fine too if they're ace..)

Yours typing standingup-edly,
TT

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 02:45:34 pm
At last, good decision. Sorry I can't hel pwith the question

grimer

• forum hero
#2 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 02:57:24 pm
A lot of the people in the BMC go to Nick at http://www.theburtonroadclinic.co.uk/. Didsbury.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 03:08:02 pm
A lot of the people in the BMC go to Nick at http://www.theburtonroadclinic.co.uk/. Didsbury.

Thanks Grimer, Just up the road..

though... MrsTT had several unsuccessful visits to him...

Though she has now just admitted that it was something that physio could not sort out...

At least I can stop for a pint on the way home...

erm, sam

• forum hero
#4 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 04:23:31 pm
I have had good results with sports med in stockport. Tim or Richard would be my pick of their physios.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 19, 2014, 04:35:40 pm

I have had good results with sports med in stockport. Tim or Richard would be my pick of their physios.

Cheers Sam,
Managed to get an appointment with Nick the Crick (I made that up btw..) at the Burton road place... See how that pans out..
T

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: Back physio/person S.Manchester required
December 22, 2014, 01:11:15 pm
Ok - so just been.

Completely different (opposite) treatment plan from physio #1... Ice, rest, and only two very gentle exercises.. No stretches...

Suspects inflamed joint or disc..

tomtom

• forum hero
An update and some vaguely interesting info for back things...

Osteo/physio #2 is working well so far - back is getting much better week on week and starting to get some movement back in the lower back...

I had an interesting discussion with him about stretching and deadhanging. I mentioned that I had started deadhanging and that it made my back feel better (at least for a while). Nik (at work) also posted that doign weighted deadhangs seemed to help his back. The Osteo said that this was actually the old school method for treating disc problems, to put someone in hospital in traction for a week and stretch it out. He said this relieved the pain (as it reduced pressure on the nerves where the disc had bulged out) but when you loaded the spine again the problem would just revert as the discs needed time to get back into place and to mesh/gel/heal (whatever) in their proper position.... So to answer Niks suggestion - its a short term help, but thats all...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal