UKBouldering.com

UKB power club week 252 8st Dec - 14th Dec (Read 9749 times)

webbo

• forum hero

Re pain, I find that a low (200mg) ibuprofen dose really helps - but I'm trying not to take too many (none in the day and maybe two at night (4 hrs apart). If I have to drive any distance I also take one.

The problem with trying to man it up and not take full strength pain relief as Dolly suggests, you add up with complications because you are restricting your normal range of movements. For example I broke several ribs in a cycling crash and was prescribed a codeine type painkiller which I stopped taking due to the fact constipation is not ideal with broken ribs. However my doctor said you need to take them as the pain will restrict your breathing and you could end up with a chest infection.

I was thinking more of prescription strength codeine TBH.  Really worked for me as I could do that little bit more for a few days to get help me to get a relatively large increase in range of movement.
Of course I'm no healthcare professional etc etc

I try and avoid codeine - mainly because it stops me shitting for days on end!

tomtom

• forum hero
So start taking drugs right? ;)

webbo

• forum hero
So start taking drugs right? ;)
No prescribed drugs. :spank:

36chambers

• forum hero
STG: fully healed, tick off a selection of 7B/+'s (30 board pinch problem)
MTG: 7C (1-4-7)
LTG: 8B

M: 
T: Board session, felt pretty tired.
W: Antagonistic training, rotator cuff and lower back
T:
F: Ab ripper x and P90x triceps, chest and shoulders
S: day on the grit, icy top outs and grim weather, possible spent 10 minutes actually climbing
S: Indoor. Power benchmarking (although still achy from Friday). worked some hard moves on the 30 board, first day on a campus board in a year, 1-3-5 easy, 1-4 easy, 1-5 just about, 1-4-6 via lock off/cheating. So plenty of room for improvement, which is good :)   

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
M- Nothing.

T- Nothing.

W- Nothing.

T- Planned to climb indoors but felt knackered and kind of ill.

F- Early night paid off as I felt fine.

S- At Black Rocks for 6:40AM. Got my sunrise shot.  ;D Had loads of time to spare between that and the next shot so explored the few bits in the area I hadn't been to before. Released just how much rock there is at The Black Garden, i.e. there sees to be a whole crag  :o just a shame that most of it is right behind someone's house... for the first time in my life I'm interested in "getting on the property ladder". Finished up at 1:30PM- too late to meet people at Stanage so went to meet other people at Robin Hood's Stride. Turns out they'd gone to Stanage.  :lol: Ended up at Cratcliffe on T-Crack- psyched to find I can get further than this time last year, but that isn't really saying much. Did all the problems on the Egg to (except for the 7B which feels impossible even in the freezing cold) to finish.

S- Rest. Fucked skin

No training as is becoming a habit. Doing my rehab still though. Another pre-dawn to post-dusk day on Saturday- these are surprisingly fun but rule out climbing on the Sunday.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Welcome Mr or Ms Chambers

STG - Get over this bloody shoulder tweak
MTG: 7b RP this winter. E5 OS, something vertical, classic and not dangerous, next April.
LTG: Long hard (for me) rock routes in the Alps, Dolomites, Picos and Scotland. 7c RP.

M - Shoulder stability exercises
T - Westway x10 easy laps
W -
T - Westway x12 easy laps
F - Shoulder stability exercises
S - Glorious weather as forecast. Headed for Swanage with csl for some Easy Trad.™  Got 50 miles along the M4 before realising we were on the wrong road  :-[ so went to Cheddar for some Easy Sport instead. This turned out to be not so easy.
S - Sore shoulder...

Shoulder grumbles on frustratingly...busy week at work...winter sniffles...fat and weak...bah humbug!
Plan: keep the faith, keep doing something, the shoulder will come good. Once it does I can start to pull a bit harder again.

AJM

• obsessive maniac
S - Glorious weather as forecast. Headed for Swanage with csl for some Easy Trad.™  Got 50 miles along the M4 before realising we were on the wrong road

Splutter!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal