UKBouldering.com

La Sportiva Legends only (Read 13920 times)

cofe

• forum hero
#25 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 29, 2015, 04:59:27 pm
A really good watch, enjoyed it.  Problems looked hard, though maybe not for Janja! Good commentary from Liam too.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#26 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 29, 2015, 08:13:04 pm

Reload selectah.

Really good contest with some good problems and good performances  :strongbench:

Edit: good vibes too with the format and competitors.

Edit #2: Janja though, jesus  :strongbench:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:31:29 pm by Fiend »

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 29, 2015, 10:43:13 pm
Janja makes a class field look very ordinary on those problems... be very interesting to see how she does in the senior world cups next year.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#28 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 30, 2015, 10:33:26 am
Well seeing as she won the first two senior world cup competitions this year ... I think it is safe to assume that she'll do OK. From the interviews it doesn't sound like she'll do the bouldering world cup. (As the always humble Domen Skofic put it: “she's crazy strong! sometimes she does moves even I cannot do!" [<-quoted from memory ... sorry])

Paul B

• forum hero
#29 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 30, 2015, 12:08:04 pm
A really good watch, enjoyed it.  Problems looked hard, though maybe not for Janja! Good commentary from Liam too.

I particularly liked the self-commentating on beard part of the competition; commentary for these kind of events must be really hard, I thought he was notably better than others I've listened to in the past. Hopefully he may get the chance to do so on IFSC events and potentially BMC events too?

Janja makes a class field look very ordinary on those problems... be very interesting to see how she does in the senior world cups next year.

Quite. It was interesting to see Shauna's social media posts after the event which suggests she may agree!

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#30 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 30, 2015, 01:50:47 pm
From the interviews it doesn't sound like she'll do the bouldering world cup.

What a shame. The lead comps just aren't as interesting to watch. But she has competed in youth bouldering world cups, so fingers crossed she gives it a go...

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#31 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
November 30, 2015, 04:09:52 pm
I saw the the Briançon lead comp live. Really amazing.

Have seen most of the others of Youtube, it grew on me. If you see it with someone else and really care about the outcome its excellent!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#32 Re: La Sportiva Legends only
December 01, 2015, 09:27:03 pm
Really annoyed! Girlfriends away for the night so i thought i'd catch up on Legends but made the mistake of already watching redtube a couple of times, no point now  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal