UKBouldering.com

How can I improve my rubbish immune system? (Read 11018 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Thought of getting a flu jab Steve? £15 in autumn might be worth it?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
While I hold no medical qualifications I think it's fair to say that anything about 'detox' in either version of the Mal (broadsheet or tabloid) is likely to be 100% bollox.

A rubbish immune system = low antibody count = serious problem.

Getting colds & etc is what happens and little to do with a rubbish immune system.

This year seems to have had lots of people suffer colds and flu more frequently and for more prolonged periods, probably just randomness of there being more viral variations.

However I can recommend my re-tox booster (side effects, gout, marital disapproval and weight gain) the starter pack is £59.99 and then £35 per day.  Guaranteed results.

petejh

• forum hero
Quote from: SteveR
A lot of this sounds familiar so thought I'd share my experiences.
Recently, I've been forced to spend a few days in an all too familiar position for me this time of year - on my sick bed, sweating and shivering, drifting in and out of watching darts with general delirium/fever/confusion thrown in.

This is gold dust

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Honestly, I'd say I had a pretty good immune system.
Polly (the boss/mrs) never gets sick.
Ever.

Except this year.

Chest infections, snotty noses, random (time of day) short lived sore throats and general crappiness.

Really F'ing dispiriting shite.

And, to the best of my reckoning, we've been like it for over two months.
Only just starting to pull out of it.

I don't remember ever feeling so bad for so long and we don't seem to be alone, several friends are also dragging their arses.

The old adage "if you treat a cold it'll be gone in a week and if you don't it'll last seven days"; is not keeping up with the state of viral evolution.

Steve R

• forum abuser
Thought of getting a flu jab Steve? £15 in autumn might be worth it?

I would've got one this(last)  year but only drove back to UK a week before christmas and within a few days was at scratchy throat code red swiftly followed by full system collapse man down!  Got well again for Christmas day though which was nice - big improvement from swine flu bathroom redecorating spectacular of christmas day 2012.

I'll make sure I get one next (this) year though - I'd gladly pay 2 3 10 20 100 50 times that to not get levelled

webbo

• forum hero
Maybe its because you were wrapped in cotton wool as a child and were never exposed to the usual childhood illness. So you are getting them all now. ;D

SamT

• forum hero

on my sick bed, sweating and shivering, drifting in and out of watching darts with general delirium/fever/confusion thrown in.  A bad cold and two bouts of flu based grimness (complete with lingering secondary infections) either side of Christmas so far. 

Totally the same as me. Awful Christmas and possibly illest I've ever been.  I don't often get ill and consider myself to have a reasonably good immune system so this ties in with Matt and a few others in that basically, what ever has been going round this season is really quite nasty and has affected nearly everyone we know to some extent.

My other half has had a flu jab though work and hasn't been affected as bad as the rest of us, but has had a bit of a cough/sore throat over the last week.

Worst of all, even though I'm pretty much over it and wanting to start to get some fitness back, I've torn an intercostal muscle in my chest during a coughing fit and its agony.   :wall: :furious:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal