UKBouldering.com

25min discussion on the healing of tendons (Read 2219 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
25min discussion on the healing of tendons
November 24, 2014, 08:48:14 pm
http://soundcloud.com/bmjpodcasts/michael-kjaer-on-the-pathogenesis-of-tendinopathy-and-tendon-healing?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

Dave Macleod amongst others were sharing this one facebook yesterday and whilst I haven't had a chance to listen to it myself, everyone was giving positive comments on it. Hope it helps someone.

petejh

• forum hero
Good stuff. Dry but informative. The takeaway is controlled loading is the best way to promote healing in tendons, and that eccentric loading might be (and might not be) more effective than concentric loading. So nothing new there but interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
No Neighsayers then? :)

Wood FT

• forum hero
The takeaway is controlled loading is the best way to promote healing in tendons

[pigshit] so, gentle/assisted dead hanging is okay? [/pigshit]

danm

• junky
When I had to rehab my Achilles, my physio explained when giving me a set of eccentric exercises that this was the rehab method with the best body of evidence to support it, and that anything else was a bit of a crapshoot. So, I spent 3 months doing lots of weighted heel dips which seemed to fix things, but a year later it got sore again so I've pretty much given up running, which kinda sucks but I'm not sure I can take all those exercises again! Obviously, if it was climbing I'd do whatever it took though  :)

petejh

• forum hero
The takeaway is controlled loading is the best way to promote healing in tendons

[pigshit] so, gentle/assisted dead hanging is okay? [/pigshit]

[don't understand why pigshit]For what?[/don't understand why pigshit]

Assuming for an injured finger tendon.

JJP

• addict
That was excellent, cheers for the link.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal