UKBouldering.com

O'er the hill: Lancashire Life (Read 23173 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
#75 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 05:28:22 pm
I'm glad we're all  clear we're being pissed about.

My opinion is they're on a fishing expedition but unwilling to let an ask offer pass them by... The agent let it slip that this is on their advice.

Anyhow we've pushed back as it's all at our financial risk with their counter and that's not OK.

I've just reviewed a sample survey doc and there's nothing in there I'd deem as useful.

rodma

• forum hero
#76 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 06:11:10 pm
Did you check with local building standards to find out if they even know the loft conversion was carried out?
Actually your solicitor should already have done this.

Paul B

• forum hero
#77 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 06:14:08 pm
It's all legit yes.

T_B

• forum hero
#78 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 06:52:18 pm
I don't understand why you said to the vendor your offer was "subject to the survey"? That's always the case, implicitly isn't it? Everyone understands that. It's normal to knock down the vendor on price once you discover e.g. some rotten joists after the survey. If they're not prepared to take it off the market for your offer then walk away. You're a complete mug to assume they're going to sell it to you if they keep marketing it whilst you pay for a survey! Sounds like they're waiting for a better offer and you'd be wasting your time.

Paul B

• forum hero
#79 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 07:00:21 pm
Sounds like they're waiting for a better offer and you'd be wasting your time.

This is my general impression.

But see above, we won't progress with it still on the market. That was never an option, without a full survey (buildings) was the alternative.

Generally, this is making me very uncertain they'll sell it to us at all.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#80 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 08:52:13 pm
Reluctant to weigh into this but having read it...and with some (limited) personal experience...if you sense something is not being done correctly/honestly now, it probably won't be later either. Some people aren't great to do business with.

tomtom

• forum hero
#81 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
February 28, 2015, 11:21:14 pm
Indeed - vendors who start off acting like wankers will probably carry on or get worse... Sorry to hear about all this Paul - it's a shit old business isn't it..

Paul B

• forum hero
#82 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
March 01, 2015, 09:41:42 am
Indeed - vendors who start off acting like wankers will probably carry on or get worse... Sorry to hear about all this Paul - it's a shit old business isn't it..

Mrs. Vendor seemed very very reasonable/nice (both times). I get the feeling that this is the agents (all agents should be locked in Room 101).

Thanks all. We'll see what comes on Monday.

rodma

• forum hero
#83 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
March 01, 2015, 10:05:56 am
Unless the agent is on a percentage they'll be keen to just get the deal done so they can get their fee. Good luck

Paul B

• forum hero
#84 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 12:08:24 pm
Well, YYFY, we moved on Wed having exchanged the day before.

We found out about 1 week from exchange that the "cash" buyer we had, only really became cash, once she'd sold another property. It's unclear when the agent found out about this, however, it was certainly before they told us (our solicitor had suspicions and teased it out of them).

My commute has dropped from ~1h15 to ~12minutes (delayed this morning by not one, but two lollipop ladies delivering the little darlings out of the safety of their Porsche Turbo's to the school safely).

The house seems great although I've noticed many little things I'd missed (I'm sure that's nothing new), and I've had more people knock on my front door in the past two days than the last 10 years in Sheffield. The current view from my office window is fantastic.

Having the champagne (from First Direct for moving house) delivered by the local funeral director made me chuckle.

Thanks for all of the help and advice people of UKB, I'll endeavour to add my thoughts on Solicitors (Good I think), Agents (C-bomb) etc. as and when. One recommendation I will make is Shark's mortgage advisor; for a small fee he improved upon the best rate we were offered by a decent margin, he (and his team) was/were also a pleasure to deal with throughout.

...and I will be fitting a log burner, or my gas bill is going to be eye watering.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#85 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 12:31:05 pm
 :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#86 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 12:41:15 pm
Congrats Paul!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#87 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 12:41:20 pm
...One recommendation I will make is Shark's mortgage advisor...

...and I will be fitting a log burner...

Just don't take Shark's advice on lighting the thing...

;)

tomtom

• forum hero
#88 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 01:14:40 pm
Excellent - nice one Paul!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#89 Re: O'er the hill: Lancashire Life
May 01, 2015, 01:30:52 pm
Nice one Paul, glad it's all sorted. I'm sure you'll enjoy the drive to Malham a lot more as well as the commute.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal