UKBouldering.com

Pinches wall - Raven tor (Read 10437 times)

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
November 19, 2014, 09:29:50 pm
I’m not sure Pinches Wall has ever had it’s own thread on UKB, brings a tear to my eye. Personally and if I was a lot younger I might even create a website dedicated to it, and maybe some poems recollecting my favourite moves, the beauty of the polish or how the late sun shines on the bearclaw ;D

I agree that those problems without names should remain so. I was always particularly fond of “The Pear Claw”. Maybe that can be reserved for a problem that links all problems on the wall together. Think of it like an unclimbed 40 pitch epic at Yosemite but a bit shorter.

Whilst we’re on the subject do you think it would be possible to make a mould of the wall and install one at all outdoor crags and climbing wall's nationally and internationally. I find it really hard to warm up anywhere else which is quite inconvenient. Failing that I could just install one in the garden then I wouldn't have to travel to the Peak again.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#26 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
November 19, 2014, 09:52:08 pm

What grade does Malc's One-Armer get these days? Has it had a repeat yet?

1 Nibile.

:)

Only just seen this.
Cheers for the trust Tomtom, but as far as I remember, I didn't do it. And I bet I would remember it, as you all would, from the yelling!
I've been to the Tor only once with Dylan, and I just fondled the hold after failing on Ben's Roof. It was raining, I was tired, usual  :boohoo: excuses.
I hung the hold with my RIGHT arm though, and managed to get some kind of leverage and pull. But not a full one armer and definitely not on the left hand.

Cheers.

I don't remember any movement. Just shivering

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#27 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
November 20, 2014, 11:15:17 am
That was a real great day. My Tor baptism.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#28 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
November 20, 2014, 04:32:34 pm
Touched in the back of a cave by a fat cunt

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#29 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
November 20, 2014, 05:55:55 pm
Touched in the back of a cave by a fat cunt
What happens at The Tor, should stay at The Tor, Dylan...
 ;)

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#30 Re: Pinches wall - Raven tor
September 14, 2017, 12:35:36 am
New problems? Pah! New holds AND new problems. Wasn't sure whether to record this, but having found this thread, it would  seem a shame not to. The following is a neat little addition, 7A+ ish. Back in early summer, I brushed off the little scoop/crimp above the "15" jugs. (15, 15) L scoop/crimp, R 21, L 22, R 22. A nice couple of pulls, and not very pinchy  ;D  Might seem easier in this cooler weather.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal