UKBouldering.com

Snap Wrap pad questions (Read 2473 times)

benno

• menacing presence
Snap Wrap pad questions
October 30, 2014, 03:25:02 pm
Does anyone here own a Snap Wrap pad? I had the privilege of falling onto one in Font last week and it was a lovely thing, waaaaay better to land on than my Edelrid Mantle. I'm pretty close to buying one, but the only thing putting me off is the lack of any flaps/zips/whatever to hold bits and bobs in place when they're shoved in the folded-up pad for carrying it around. Can anyone that owns one shed some light on how well it holds onto things like loose shoes?

Another question, does anyone have any experience of this compared to the new Petzl pads? They seem very expensive, but have lots of features that I really like the look of. If they're good (read firm) to land on, I might be tempted into one. It's money well spent when you got a girlfriend with horror-show ankles!  :look:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:51:59 pm by benno »

honroid

• addict
#1 Re: Snap Wrap pad questions
October 31, 2014, 09:32:54 pm
Wrap is very heavy but is a dream to land on.
I bought one from Outside late last year and after 1 week in Magic Wood it fell apart; seams came undone and the handles started to look as though they were about to fall off. I got a replacement from Outside / Snap with minimal fuss and the one that came had reinforcement around the problem areas of the previous one. They'd obviously found problems with the first design and added reinforcement to it. This did make it a little heavier. Did I say it was heavy? I'm well impressed with the foam but the fabric doesn't look as sturdy as any of the other top brands out there. It came to font with me at Easter an lasted two weeks of good use.
Make of that what you will!

Duma

• forum hero
#2 Re: Snap Wrap pad questions
November 01, 2014, 09:35:42 pm
I've got one, as all said, it's great to land on, and in the limited time I've had it (since June) foam has held up well, and nothing's fallen out the bottom. As said, it isn't light though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal