UKBouldering.com

Citdibi - new venue in Turkey (Read 2714 times)

petejh

• forum hero
Citdibi - new venue in Turkey
October 26, 2014, 01:41:33 pm
Heading to Antalya next week to climb at Geyibayiri and keen to check out the newly developed cliff at Citdibi (see this year's petzl roc tour). Anyone know if there's a topo available, either online or at one of the campsites at Geyikibari?

eivind

#1 Re: Citdibi - new venue in Turkey
November 22, 2014, 08:48:42 am
Hello, did you get around to climb at citdibi? Any info on grade range and campsite?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Citdibi - new venue in Turkey
November 22, 2014, 08:49:36 am
All in the New guide.

petejh

• forum hero
#3 Re: Citdibi - new venue in Turkey
November 22, 2014, 10:39:31 am
Yes I climbed at Citdibi on the few days I didn't have flu. It's amazing! A 150m high cliff composed of immaculate orange and blue limestone, located high in the mountains with a beautiful outlook down to the med.  Multi-pitch tufa lines, although the first pitches (which are all around 30m) are most popular by the looks of it. Shade from 10am until sundown, high up in the mountains with lovely cool air, only a 10min approach walk, beautiful outlook and uncrowded. A great place. It's a 30-40 min drive from Geyikbayiri to the trailhead so there's no need to relocate if planning a trip. I'm keen to go back with bolting gear and put up some new lines here and at one of the new cliffs close to Olympos (Magara).

Tobias (owner of JoSiTo) has built a small refuge at the start of the trail and said he should be opening this winter. I met the local guru Ozturk Kayicki and he thinks the season is June - Dec, maybe longer it depends on whenever the tufas start seeping from snowfall (the cliff sits on the slope of a 2500m peak).

There are a few more routes since the new guide was released and some of the grades have been adjusted. Roughly 40 routes with loads in the 7c+ - 8c range to go at (new 9a also done recently), and enough good 6c+ - 7b+ for a couple of days. Lots of tufas but also a few steep caves, vertical faces and further right some slabbier stuff. There's a huge wall about 200m right of the developed area which is crying out for new multi-pitch lines.

I found Geyibayiri too hot to climb on all the good stuff on the upper tier - everyone else seemed to agree and hence Trebanna was rammed everyday.

The photo sequence is from my phone (crap quality) panning down one small part of the cliff from the top to about 20m above the ground:

From where the path arrives at the cliff. The ledges in the bottom right corner of the pictures are at the top of the first 30m pitches - i.e. that chalked double-tufa you can see is the second pitch. (I think there's a pic on the petzl rock tour site of Ste Mac chimneying this).

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:45:20 am by petejh »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal