Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#25 Re: Sleeping: how?
October 15, 2014, 10:15:41 pm
I did days and night shifts for 12 years. the most important thing was curtains with black out lining and black out blinds as well - proper dark during the day. after first night I was always up early and then after that I could sleep most of the day. always after my last night I set my alarm for half 11 to get up so I would be able to sleep the next night and get my body ready for day shifts. have only worked day shifts for the last 3 years and at first had trouble having a lie in on my days off. now I now know the secret and its just being very stuborn when you wake up - DO NOT open your eyes - not even to look at the time, just keep them shut and I find I soon go back to sleep.
Oh and the most important thing is to have a mega comfy bed - worth spending a bit of money and get it right seeing as you spend 1/4 - 1/3 of your life in the thing

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#26 Re: Sleeping: how?
October 15, 2014, 10:20:56 pm
I reckon I've been awake for 12 years now. I'm still at an after after after after after party.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#27 Re: Sleeping: how?
October 16, 2014, 05:52:00 am
My dad worked nightshifts for years. As kids we resented having to creep around the house like mice during the day - instead of appreciating the hardship he was putting himself though for our sake. Such is life.

Eliasn

#28 Re: Sleeping: how?
October 20, 2014, 10:19:22 am
Avoiding blue light during the evening helps loads and if you tend to spend a lot of time in front of the computer/ipad/whatever like i do, Flux is great. It reduces the amount of blue light from your screen, so it doesnt mess with your melatonin levels as much. https://justgetflux.com/

Also quitting coffee helped me loads, and not working out too late in the evening.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal