UKBouldering.com

Shoe sizes (Read 1223 times)

webbo

• forum hero
Shoe sizes
September 27, 2014, 07:01:51 pm
Having had a number of foot problems, I was wondering what most folks street to climbing shoe differential is.
My street shoe is an 8/ 42 and plenty of room. Climbing shoe 39 and half or usually 40.
I have have usually gone for the smallest size I can get my foot in and which I can then stand on my toes, but when I compare my climbing shoes to my cycling shoes in which my big toe is just about touching the end of the shoe. It's about 3/4 of an inch bigger than any of my climbing shoes.
Thoughts or opinions.

rodma

• forum hero
#1 Re: Shoe sizes
September 28, 2014, 09:58:16 am
I used to go as tight as possible in all shores so that they would stretch to fit.

Fortunately they're are many different shoe shapes on the market now, so it became possible just to buy shores that are already approximately the right shape.

I only go down 1 size (in scarpas) from street shoes in velcro slippers, but have to go down two sizes in proper slippers, so I now only wear velcros.

I used to get numbness in my toes which the doc said was from compressing my feet. That was down to trying to force my feet into pink anasazis which are too different from my foot shape.

Most manufacturers use reasonable rubber these days don't they, so you should be able to find something.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Shoe sizes
September 28, 2014, 10:20:34 am
To prove Rodma's point, I'm a 9 in regular shoes.

Scarpa instinct slipper 7
Scarpa instinct Velcro 7.5
Anasazi Velcro 7.5
Dragons 8.5

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#3 Re: Shoe sizes
September 28, 2014, 11:21:22 am
I'm a street 42.
Scarpa fit me well:
Magos/Instincts/Instinct VS: 41
Although I can squeeze into Instinct 40.5 I don't feel the need to get smaller, 41 is very precise, there's no benefit as the last is a good match for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal