UKBouldering.com

Best method for training effect (Read 5306 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#25 Re: Best method for training effect
September 21, 2014, 03:14:37 pm
Jim nobody here will bother trying to beat that except maybe Andy B.

Cunt.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#26 Re: Best method for training effect
September 21, 2014, 03:50:30 pm

You are my hero Lagers <3

I hope there was 80's action film style music playing in your head at the time

probably Warriors of the Wasteland (Blizzard of Aahhh's of course)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#27 Re: Best method for training effect
September 21, 2014, 07:40:14 pm
Jasper, unusually, has his facts wrong. At the occasions where he was present, no speed, acid or shrooms were used. 12 pints Stella was a minimum. I usually bought my pills in fives and would have finished them before dicking about on bus shelters, goal posts or door frames. I rarely got past a quarter of a bottle of vodka.

Jasper's claim that he could stand may be an exaggeration. He does, however, have an excellent track record of being able to remember what has happened despite appearing to have lost input from all his senses.

Lagerstarfish Enterprises does not in any way condone the use of drink and drugs by other people. It's not cool and it makes you stupid and ugly.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#28 Re: Best method for training effect
September 21, 2014, 11:09:23 pm
Lagers is being modest.

He's not mentioned how without climbing or training for ages and being quite heavy he could always still bust out a one armer at around 3am at a party having done about ten pints of Stella, a bottle of vodka, three pills, a bit of acid, weed and mushrooms and a load of speed.

I found it almost as heroic as the fact that I'd done twice as much and could still stand up and witness the feat.
Despite operating in the 8's (just barely), I've never managed a 1-armer.  I can see from above though, that I've never managed to try with the appropriate warm-up and prep.  I think I may have to train just to manage the warm-up though....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal