UKBouldering.com

training monos, 2 fing pocket, pich, in which order? (Read 1540 times)

quejada

• player
having not much to do at work I figured out a way to squeeze in some sneaky training sessions between experiments in the lab, but these are limited to training monos, 2 fingers and pinch. Basically I'm lifting weight from the ground (water tanks and stuff) using a pinch, a sling (for monos) and a piece of well-sandpapered wood with some webbing and carabiner attached to the weights.
Now I need some inputs on the best training order to follow. pinches first, than 2 fingers and then monos? with these type of exercise, would you rather do max weights, or repeaters (those that Ned F. suggest in BM training advices)? what you suggest as a rest time between each finger (when doing monos)?
cheers

g

Three Nine

• forum hero
I would rest up at work, and train when you have access to (at the very least) a fingerboard.

quejada

• player
I thought about that, but currently my free time out of work, thanks to my 2 kids, one of which is 2 months old, is virtually nothing. At work, on the other hand, I got hours on end... so....

Three Nine

• forum hero
Build an A-frame, mount a fingerboard, take to work. Dangle + pull lots.

quejada

• player
when I said 'sneaky training' I meant I'm doing it in the lab early in morning when no one's around (everybody gets in at 9, so I got around 45 min-1 h all by myself). I'm afraid building an A frame and sticking it right in the lab would not go unnoticed...

abarro81

• forum hero
Now I need some inputs on the best training order to follow. pinches first, than 2 fingers and then monos?

Do it in the order which seems least tweaky. That aside, I'd do it starting with the grip which I wanted to make the best gains on (IIRC the Anderson brothers put something up about this).

I got around 45 min-1 h all by myself)

In that time frame (i.e. not much warm up time), at that time in the morning, I'd be fairly careful on the old monos!
with these type of exercise, would you rather do max weights, or repeaters (those that Ned F. suggest in BM training advices)?

Same as with a fingerboard - whichever format you find that you get the best gains from, or possibly alternating phases or sessions depending on how many days a week you'll be doing it etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal