UKBouldering.com

Where to boulder Saturday? Peak/Sheff area (Read 2067 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
Where to boulder Saturday? Peak/Sheff area
August 21, 2014, 12:31:43 pm
Right then. I moved to Sheffield on Saturday and thus far I haven't touched any rock, which saddens me.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go bouldering Sat? My skin's quite bad at the moment, so grit might be a bad idea. I'd quite like to check out crag x but have no idea where it is and what problems exist. Raven Tor seems a good bet but it's quite far away and I have to do something in the afternoon. Could possibly squeeze it in at Raven Tor. Do boulderers generally get in the way of people on a rope though?

Thanks for any info.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I'd quite like to check out crag x but have no idea where it is and what problems exist. Raven Tor seems a good bet but it's quite far away and I have to do something in the afternoon. Could possibly squeeze it in at Raven Tor. Do boulderers generally get in the way of people on a rope though?

Cragx takes just as long to get to as Raven Tor especially factoring in the walk in.

Bouldering and routing co-exist beautifully - its all love and cuddles at the Tor.

If in a real hurry Burbage West and North is the most quickly accessible venue.

cha1n

• forum hero
Thanks Shark.

What's Anton's Stones like? I have to go to Eckington in the afternoon, so the closer the better but after google mapping it, I probably could make it to Raven Tor.

Three Nine

• forum hero
Tor is only 40 minutes. Standard Tor working hours are 9-1 so loads of time to do stuff in the afternoon. You'll struggle to do more than 4 hours' productive bouldering there.

Three Nine

• forum hero
Thanks Shark.

What's Anton's Stones like? I have to go to Eckington in the afternoon, so the closer the better but after google mapping it, I probably could make it to Raven Tor.

If you go to Anston, you'll wish you hadn't moved to Sheffield.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Eckington's near Chesterfield isn't it. eatswood would be a good bet if so as it is very close to Chesterfield. It's grit but is very skin friendly, steep and rainproof. Topo with loads of new stuff that's not in guide is available on peakbouldering.info

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal