UKBouldering.com

Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard (Read 1943 times)

groovedog

• addict
Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard
July 29, 2014, 11:32:02 am
Planning to take the pooch to Euro land, i'm getting the relevant pet pass port rabies jab organised this side. I understand you have to get your pet checked over in a window of time before you head home.

It would be ideal to do this in Font before the crossing. Anyone had an experience or recommend a vet in Font, my spoken French is also quite weak!

Thanks

GD

tc

• junky
#1 Re: Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard
July 29, 2014, 11:48:40 am
We used the vet in Malesherbes earlier this year. Really straightforward procedure.

Evil

• addict
#2 Re: Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard
July 29, 2014, 12:43:42 pm
The two in Font I've used are quite expensive, but the last couple of times, I've been to one in Moret, just opposite the F1 hotel, which was massively cheaper, and quiet enough both times that I just went as a walk-in, they saw me pretty much straight away.

Here is the location on google maps, you can actually see the clinic just about on street view - https://goo.gl/maps/qlSR9

Of the two vets in Font (sorry don't have the addresses now as I'm not going to use them again!), the one that has a horse stables, and weird opening times is a bit cheaper than the other one (though the other one is open more hours). I'm pretty sure that this is the expensive one with good opening times - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@48.407573,2.689541,3a,75y,172.51h,87.45t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sN8vxC0YVutHGJs7wnGpOdQ!2e0!6m1!1e1.

It's a tapeworm wormer tablet that you need before returning. The check-up is optional but most vets do it anyway. The Moret one gives you a free check-up and fills that part out too.

Make sure that the vet writes the exact time of day as well as the date, as I saw someone getting turned away because the time was missing (even though the date meant they were within the time limit regardless).

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#3 Re: Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard
July 29, 2014, 12:50:18 pm
Yea - was pretty simple, just called the morning before for an appointment and rocked up at the vet in Malsherbes a couple of days before leaving, got her checked out and that was it. I did get a wormer and flea and tick spot-on in the UK beforehand as some can charge a fair bit for these.. Think it was about 25/30 euros but my memory's a bit shit.
:D

tc

• junky
#4 Re: Fontainebleau Vets?? Dog abroard
July 29, 2014, 08:18:56 pm
Maybe (just maybe) the OP meant "Fontainebleau vets dog abroad". In which case, my solicitor and I would like to deny the allegation in the strongest possible terms.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal