UKBouldering.com

Censorship (Read 8635 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 Re: Censorship
July 05, 2014, 08:48:50 am
Nice one Dave you even tried to be funny in that post.

I agree with sloper.

There are only a few subject matters I would expect to be deleted as soon as some self righteous type starts going on. As I've said before more people than us read on here, some may not be as forgiving as our educated good selves. They could possibly misunderstand nearly every one of a persons posts, although I don't see how that could happen. We all know there's no such thing as free speech so if people want to discuss topic matters like that I'm sure they could buy their own website and do it there.

abarro81

• forum hero
#26 Re: Censorship
July 05, 2014, 09:08:12 am
Matt - actually most of the responses were kneejerk reaction to a misinterpretation of what Sam meant, mainly due to confusion over definitions. From the base argument I'd say their view is quite controversial, since it leads down a road towards 'thought police' and the like. The fact that dense used the word 'forgiving' in his post above shows that he's still not understood the argument as far as I can tell, or hasn't thought about it if he has. Sam didn't help that by not making his point clear from the off, and then writing a bunch of rather verbose and slightly pretentious posts. However it wasn't actually him that kicked it off, it was a post which was either a brilliant troll or utterly moronic daily mailesque crap by Nigel.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#27 Re: Censorship
July 05, 2014, 10:03:38 am
i understood the posts perfectly alex

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#28 Re: Censorship
July 05, 2014, 01:03:22 pm
OK I found the deleted thread. Nothing in there to me that warranted deletion, but then I don't pay the bills. Its just nonce sense.
hahahaha good Brass Eye reference! Old Skool!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal