UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 219 21st April - 27th April (Read 7769 times)

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
7A:    15/50
7A+:  6/40
7B:    2/30
7B+:  1/20
7C:    1/10

Stretches: 4/4

Mon: Anstey's with Mark. Managed to do all the moves on a 7C+ but it's going to be a beast to link. Pretty psyched!
Tues: Session at the Bunker. Despite feeling a little ill did a few hard problems on the systems board.
Wed: Session at the Bunker, can't really remember what I did.
Thurs: Rest day. Stretches.
Fri: Session at the Bunker, managed to do some shoulder work and actually climbed a few proper problems! Stretches.
Sat: Home board and Beastmaker session, as well as pull-ups. Stretches
Sun: Bovey Woods - everything was wet so didn't really climb anything. Psyched to come back soon and get on some hard stuff though! Stretches.  :)

An alright week in terms of training but need to get outdoors more! Crimp strength is still quite weak.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Hope the leg exercises are helpful, mainly it feels as if I have to do something. Mt Watkins and the L side of El Cap are slabs basically aren't they?

I view the step ups 'n' stuff more as a means of not being already knackered before I even start climbing. And/or not being so fucked after twelve hours that I forget how to rig an ab, and die.

Both of those too, although they mostly apply to trips beyond this summer. Also jumaring is very leg-intensive, if done properly. But it's mainly to keep me occupied with something vaguely constructive.

nik at work

• forum hero
Sorry folks, been absent for last two or three weeks. Summary

Spent couple of weeks pre Font fngerboarding and a couple of sessions on a project line with a frustratingly damp hold. Had a weekend in the UK meeting up with friends which was nice.
Font trip was nice but climbing wise not a classic. A combination of me not really having any targets or goals, warm humid damp weather and the unsurprising fact that hanging from a BM is good for finger strength but bad for actually climbing. Didn't really get into any sort of gear until the last day. Nice pastries though...

I'll do a proper posting for this week, honest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal