UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 218 14th April - 20th April (Read 8658 times)

Evil

• addict
STG - Font trip in May. Got a couple of problems I tried last time that I'd like to do, plus find some new fun.

M - Cycling 16 miles total. Evening elbow exercises, but sacked off the usual fingerboarding as I was climbing very tired on Sunday, and wanted to rest.
T - Cycling 16 miles total. Evening routes at the wall - 4+, 5+, 6a+, 6b, 6b (new), 6b+, 6c (two goes, closer 2nd time, but it's very technical and pumpy good training I guess  :sick:), 6b (new). Quite busy again, couldn't get on routes I was trying last week.
W - Cycling 16 miles total. Did fingerboarding in the evening as felt more rested.
T - Cycling 16 miles total. Run 5k lunchtime (29mins). Really noticed the hills having not run in that park for a few weeks.
F - Drove North in terrible traffic, met up with friends, got a couple of hours messing about at Stanage around the Business Boulder area.
S - Went to The Roaches bouldering with a group of friends. Did some easy stuff, and did some moves on The Gutter, but could only do the first half. Was trying it with a friend who got a bit closer... Also tried some traverse but only did first half of that too. Quite a fun relaxed day out in the sun. My soft indoor fingers hurt.
S - Seemed to be about to rain in the morning, so my friends decided not to climb, but we hung about for ages waiting to decide that, and I had to be back home that evening, so I thought I'd stop off at Churnet on my way back to London to check it out. Nice place for the dog as it was quiet and forested. Located all the different areas, and tried some of the traverses and beginnings of some problems. Found the rock way too sharp, and the rock type would take some getting used to I think. Ate scones in the cafe, and drove home. Probably won't be going for a revisit unless I somehow exhaust other areas (unlikely as I live so far away).

Had a nice weekend away. Need to try and go more often. The whole group was more focused on having a nice weekend than climbing anything hard, which is fine, but sounds disappointing when I write it up haha.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
STG - Don’t get injured; 2 sessions a week with a rope on, emphasis on endurance.
MTG - LH&F BHAG in Yosemite this June (E5 OS this summer).
LTG - LH&F BHAGs in Dolomites, Alps etc. summer 2015 and beyond.

73.3kg - better but still about 3kg over.

M - Step-ups
T -
W - Hill run (500m up)
T - Drive to Pembroke
F - Carreg y Barcud - Two E1s.
S - Sore elbow. Hill walk/run (16km, 500m up)
S - Pottering around Swanlake bay and Lydstep. No climbing.

Quote from: duncan last week
Hopefully the elbow will have settled sufficiently for the coming long weekend at Pembroke.

It didn’t. All very frustrating.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal