UKBouldering.com

One day at St. Bees - Best of the Best (Read 2263 times)

b3n99

• stalker
One day at St. Bees - Best of the Best
April 14, 2014, 02:27:26 pm
Making a Lakes bouldering trip for 3 days for the first time tomorrow and hoping to get a day at St. Bees. Never been before but looking at the Guides and previous posts it seems its the better option to head to the North section, am I right? I'm looking at stuff from 7A-7C but mainly in the lower end so I can get a load done and I'm with someone looking for the 5's and low 6's. What are the absolute cream of the crop to try and hit in a day.
Cheers
Ben

turnipturned

• forum abuser
North:

Yellow Desert Screaming- 7A+/B
Clash of the Titans- 7A+
Floating Points- 7C
Heuco Crack- 6C+
Undercook- 6C+
Darkside of the Moon- 7B+/C
Tim's Crack- 7C/7C+
Trailer Trash- 7C+

South

Kraken 7A+
Honeycomb 7B
Dead Calm 7A+
Killer Bee 7B+/C (depending on sequence)

Grades are from memory, wouldn't really take any notice of the grades except for what problems to try- I find St Bees grades to be a bit all over the place!

Couple of videos for you:

North

South

Have fun, I would recommend North over South, remember to have a look at the tides as well! Also be careful of the descents, they have had a bit of a hammering this winter. Also blocks may have changed, take a look at www.lakesbloc.com or there facebook page for more details on that!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Punter grades, the stuff around apiary arete was pretty good value aroun 4-5/5+

Just be careful not to slip over there are patches which don't look bad but are (methophorically) lethal

b3n99

• stalker
Cheers for the replies guys, should be really helpful. Weather looks good for the foreseeable future so can't wait!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal