UKBouldering.com

Van doss spots as near to St Govans as Possible (Read 2057 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Anyone used any decent spots as near to the climbing as possible? Nice view, close to pub. Probably stay at camping a few nights for showers and stuff, but any tips.

Paul B

• forum hero
So, Nat and I stayed in our caddy in a Layby about 10 mins drive from the pub. We did this for ~1 month and there was another RV type vehicle which stayed there too (and looked to be doing so for a greater amount of time). We didn't have any hassle.

However, one local pointed out that the police in the area didn't look favourably on you if you were found to be sleeping in a vehicle under the influence so advised that keys weren't obviously on your person etc. This wasn't a big issue for us.

TBH the camping was so cheap (the one with the Church) that I'd be inclined to stay there in the future (I no longer have a van). Is this for the Bank Holiday?

kelvin

• forum hero
It was only £3 a night on the campsite last year - wasn't worth trying to park up anywhere else. Nice to have a loo if nothing else.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
It was only £3 a night on the campsite last year - wasn't worth trying to park up anywhere else. Nice to have a loo if nothing else.

Ahhh right, that is good to know. Thats cheap. Even for a van? Which site was that, farmers field?

Paul B

• forum hero
Yeah even for a van. The one with the church was a little more but had warm showers (~£6).

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
Yeah even for a van. The one with the church was a little more but had warm showers (~£6).

You mean cold showers exist? Bollox to that!

Paul B

• forum hero
When we moved campsites in the Verdon (to the stinky shitty one on the farm) there were two or three warm showers and one cold (all free). On the last day of our stay, one of the other Brits went for a shower at the same time as me and once in the (cold) shower, he started ranting about the existence of such things. Obviously he wasn't too pleased when I pointed out all of the other showers were warm!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal