UKBouldering.com

paris roubaix (Read 5400 times)

mark s

• junky
paris roubaix
April 10, 2014, 09:08:49 pm
what are the chances of wiggo dropping out?

anyone else going to be watching?
i do enjoy the spring classics.lots of excitement,and i am routing for fabian

Palomides

• forum abuser
#1 Re: paris roubaix
April 10, 2014, 10:04:03 pm
Can't really see past Cancellera for the win.

But anything could happen - Stybar, Vanmarcke, Phinney, Van Avermaet, even Sagan could all be up there at the finish.

I like Wiggins, I think he'll give it his best, but even if he's not in Grand Tour GC-twig shape he just doesn't look big enough for the pavé!

Hopefully be watching after riding with the family in the morning.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#2 Re: paris roubaix
April 10, 2014, 11:53:39 pm
Will definitely be watching, cant get enough cycling atm! Even if wiggo is fit he may not perform to well in the race as he's not done many so far this year. Cancellera or sagan for me

nash1

• menacing presence
#3 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 08:30:07 am
Very hard to see past Spartacus, but he needed the Kwaremont to be able to drop the field last week, and there are no hills in P-R. There will be wheelsuckers even if he puts his foot down on the cobbles.
Imagine if Wiggo managed to hang on and got onto the track - he has done a bit of track work - now that would be a very entertaining few seconds!

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#4 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 02:29:20 pm
have you guys been watching tour of the basque country? Reckon anyone can challenge Contador?

Stubbs

#5 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 02:52:18 pm
Last years for a bit of appetite whetting

webbo

• forum hero
#6 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 03:42:23 pm
have you guys been watching tour of the basque country? Reckon anyone can challenge Contador?
I doubt he will even be riding.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop

johnx2

• obsessive maniac
#8 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 04:33:25 pm
what are the chances of wiggo dropping out?

anyone else going to be watching?
i do enjoy the spring classics.lots of excitement,and i am routing for fabian

I'm just starting to cotton on tho know bugger all about it really. Thru mtb I know some reasonably serious roadies (in a mamil kinda way I'm sure they'd mind me saying) who dragged me round sub-zero Gent Wevelgem last year, Ronde de Vlandaren this year. Good laugh doing some of the sportif straight off the ferry, elbowing off the sea of humanity struggling up the Koppenberg, and watching the start the next day (not a big deal for me as I can barely name more than a handful of riders), catching the end in a bar somewhere. Superb win for Cancellara, and you've got to admire the man's post ride beer handling skills...  So yeah Cancellara ftw though I think Brad will have a go, as he stayed well up the field and finished RdV for no obvious reason.

north_country_boy

• junky
#9 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 05:25:35 pm
Will definitely be watching, cant get enough cycling atm! Even if wiggo is fit he may not perform to well in the race as he's not done many so far this year. Cancellera or sagan for me

A lot of possible outsiders depending on what the pavé throws up, or off as the case may be...

I would like to see Boasson Hagen challenge and live up to his obvious potential. Pity Stannard is injured as he would undoubtedly have been Britains best bet....

Stubbs

#10 Re: paris roubaix
April 11, 2014, 06:50:07 pm
Like n_c_b said the great think about Roubaix is that it's so unpredictable, Sagan and Fabs could crash out and not feature at all.  I'd love to see Boonen find some form and Stybar do well too.

mark s

• junky
#11 Re: paris roubaix
April 12, 2014, 11:42:11 am
sagan always looks dangerous.reckon he is only going to get better.
i cant wait,but as others have said its unpredictable.to me,thats what makes it such a spectacle to watch.i dont watch a great deal of sport on the box but i cant say how much i love watching cycling.
i try explaining to the mrs about whats going on.but she just thinks everyone is peddling as fast as they can to finish first.
telling her some are not there to win but to carry team leaders goes straight over her head.
last week on tv a movistar team car was feeding an AG2R rider and she was asking why would they do that.i gave up.

vanmarcke or kristoff could well be up there

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#12 Re: paris roubaix
April 13, 2014, 11:44:30 am
Any recommendations for a live feed for someone without Sky?

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#13 Re: paris roubaix
April 13, 2014, 12:01:56 pm
Www.france3.fr/direct seems to be working on my TVs browser.

rossydoodle61

• player
#14 Re: paris roubaix
April 13, 2014, 01:25:20 pm
This is working well enough...

http://hdfoots.com/watch/eurosport-1-live-stream.html

I haven't been able to find any better quality streams.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal