UKBouldering.com

Five ten - bring back the Anasazi White (Read 24270 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
It says something about your redpointing tactics that in the time you've been seiging one 8b route, 5.10 have released three models of anasazi..  ;D

I wonder if this could be some new measure of sieging? A proper redpoint doesn't start until you hit the 1 anasazi-release mark, and things only start to get serious at 2+. If you make it to 5 perhaps it's time to take up golf.

Speaking of golf and "new measures", for me I have always been so terrible during my rare rounds of the game, that I tally my score (say, +4) as how many balls I lost, rather than the number of shots over par (which is invariably so many it's meaningless).  A negative score meant I actually found more balls than I lost. 

Not sure what the RPing version is for me - not shoes as I usually have lots of resoled pairs in rotation.  Probably, number of times I had a breakdown and sacked it off for a while to mentally heal the scars and hope I'd forget the ingrained muscle memory of failure (happened with Raindogs, Zoolook and Soft Option - had to take breaks as it seemed I was almost semi-deliberately falling off because my mind could not grasp the possibility of success).

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
How about measuring in tantrums / tears?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
How about measuring in tantrums / tears?

Or failed marriages / relationships? Or worn out ropes? Or prime ministers?

tomtom

• forum hero
Given the route, dendrochronology would seem appropriate :)

petejh

• forum hero
That wood be good.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I believe Shark's son has started climbing, redpointed 8a then retired from climbing during Shark's Oak siege, which would make it a 1 on the dependents scale of ultra-long sieges. Not sure what the record is but I'd be surprised if anyone's ever made it into double figures.

cjsheps

• obsessive maniac
  • The Hero Gotham Deserves.
Could measure the siege using the growth rate of a living Austrian Oak.

Tommy

• junky
:2thumbsup: I'm just happy they're back.

Can anyone confirm the sizing is unchanged? I'll be mail ordering from Oz and the postage is bad enough one way ...

I have the new ones and they're exactly the same for me. The only thing that seemed a bit different this year was that the Verdon velcro was 0.5 size larger than I was expecting.

BTW. New blancos don't lose any stiffness. It's actually a bit disconcerting after a few months!

tomtom

• forum hero
Could measure the siege using the growth rate of a living Austrian Oak.

He's not dead yet - and I suspect his growth rate was heavily influenced by steroids :)

joel182

• obsessive maniac
:2thumbsup: I'm just happy they're back.

Can anyone confirm the sizing is unchanged? I'll be mail ordering from Oz and the postage is bad enough one way ...

Tried a pair on today and seemed the same sizing to me.

MrTeale

Does anyone on here know how much 5 10 sell the new blancos for at trade price by any chance?

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
The latest 5.10 catalogue - now absorbed by adidas terrex - has no sign of the blancos :o

The recently announced VCS pro is not there either so perhaps this is just a false alarm. Any 5.10 sponsored climbers care to comment?

Monkeyboy

The latest 5.10 catalogue - now absorbed by adidas terrex - has no sign of the blancos :o

The recently announced VCS pro is not there either so perhaps this is just a false alarm. Any 5.10 sponsored climbers care to comment?

This doesn't look like the catalogue I have seen. For one there are no synthetic Hiangles. The paper version I have seen has Blancos and Anasazi Pro's in.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks for responding. Five Ten range revision paranoia.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Distressing to see lightweight approach shoes have gone too.

Forget if I've posted this before, but word on the street is that they'll be stopping production of 5.10 approach shoes in the next year, and rock boots the year or so after that. I see on FB they've stopped supplying rubber to resolers already.

This from a rep of a different company (not a boot mfr/ competitor) chatting to a 5.10 rep at US trade show.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I wrote to Addidas outdoor customer services:

The Blanco does not appear in a recent catalogue. Does this mean that you have stopped producing it?

They replied:

During this new transitional period we have added all available styles on the website.

If you do not see a style on the site it is due to the fact that it has not been added to our 2018

line of products yet. As we progress further in the year we will be adding more and more styles.

So that's all clear then...

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hopeless.

The blancos are still on the uk site http://fiveten.com/product/anasazi-blanco/ but disappeared from the US one. This maybe connected to teething issues from the US hq at Redland being closed and transferred to Germany and US sales being transferred to a distributor who now runs the US website.

I've talked with Steve Mac and the 5.10 uk agent and they haven't been told of any discontinuation of the whites. Some of the range is being slimmed down such as verdon lace ups and shoes for peripheral sports.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Sorry. Meant the Adidas catalogue Duncan linked above

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal