UKBouldering.com

Five ten - bring back the Anasazi White (Read 24259 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Five ten - bring back the Anasazi White
April 07, 2014, 04:41:05 pm
Seeing as FiveTen seem uninterested in pleas to keep making the whites I've started a facebook campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/bringbacktheanasaziwhite

Like the page if you'd like the Whites back and if there is enough support, then who knows, maybe they'll take notice.

abarro81

• forum hero
You could always just use scarpas.

Wood FT

• forum hero
I have done, in an effort to ween myself off the blanco smack, it was going well but I put my old whites on at malham and. . . . .

I SUPPORT THIS CAUSE

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
You could always just use scarpas.

Might have to though after 20 years wearing them I now have five ten shaped feet

Doylo

• forum hero
Fully behind this campaign

Teaboy

• forum hero
You're one model too late,the Whites were a poor replacement for the T-Rocks

Doylo

• forum hero
You better do the Oak before all your pairs wear out Shark  :lol: :lol:

fried

• forum hero
Completely against! I have an almost new pair that I'm hoarding to pay for my retirement.

dave

Seeing as FiveTen seem uninterested in pleas to keep making the whites.......

......then lets plea some more!

205Chris

• forum hero
You 5.10 fanbois should make your minds up. They discontinue the pinks and everyone pleads for their return, then when they do bring them back, you want the whites.

It must be hard working in 5.10s marketing department when their customers don't know what they want  ;)

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
They've re-introduced a pink not the pink get your facts straight

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
You're one model too late,the Whites were a poor replacement for the T-Rocks

Don't forget the Mesa:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/3/P11283178.jpg

Stiffest shoes I've ever had...but I'd get another pair if I could get my hands on them!

geoffg

• regular
So what specifically is wrong with the new pinks? I tried them on and they felt very similar to the whites with a slightly better heel.....

KH

• addict
Are there no alternatives to the whites? Surely with all the brands in the UK now we should be over run with options?!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Are there no alternatives to the whites? Surely with all the brands in the UK now we should be over run with options?!

There are alternatives but in my experience the Whites are by far the best shoe for Malham and the Tor.

I also like the narrow fit.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Maybe. Who knows who the suits at Five Ten listen to. Certainly they don't have great form at listening to what their athletes or customers have to say.

Are those the prototypes? if so who has tried them out yet? any feedback? the text doesn't mention whether or not they went with the thermoplastic insole as used on the Verdons and more importantly whether this or other design changes represent an improvement.

Forgive me for not getting excited just yet.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Forgive me for not getting excited just yet.

Quite right, being pink is the only thing new and old Pinks have in common

tomtom

• forum hero
Took you out to the parking lot to show you his prototype eh? Fnarr fnarr

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Are those the prototypes?

I was chatting randomly to whoever. Got talking with the local who admitted he had a pair in his truck and then helpfully took me out. Initial impression was that they have more volume, which worried me. felt stiffer - said they felt that way. That also worried me.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
They also felt stiffer than the original - and the rep said they felt that way on the rock. That also worried me as I don't fancy a "front-pointing" shoe like the TC Pro's. He did emphasise that they are still prototypes.

I have been wearing the Verdons (designed for pockets) recently which have the same thermoplastic sole piece as the prototypes which does make it stiff but probably at the expense of feel. Another trade-off is that the sole piece means they arent meant to bag-out as quickly.

:devangel:

tomtom

• forum hero
Did you have go to a car park to feel the reps stiff prototype as you unlaced them before you could slip inside - ?

Teaboy

• forum hero

I have been wearing the Verdons (designed for pockets) recently which have the same thermoplastic sole piece as the prototypes which does make it stiff but probably at the expense of feel. Another trade-off is that the sole piece means they arent meant to bag-out as quickly.

Do you think you'll be wearing them at Malham, I considered a pair but not heard enough about them to risk getting a pair instead of Muira VS (obviously the ones I really want them to relaunch are the T-Rocks)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Do you think you'll be wearing them at Malham, I considered a pair but not heard enough about them to risk getting a pair instead of Muira VS (obviously the ones I really want them to relaunch are the T-Rocks)

I will certainly try them out when I next go.

Tom Randall wore a Verdon on one foot and a White on the other when he did First Round at Ilam Rock as he reckoned the White was better for outside edging and the Verdon better for inside edging (at least I think it was that way round).

For a man of your means and discernment looking to get an 'edge' it is worth getting a pair for pocketed climbing or other awkward-to-get-your-toe-in footholds.

The Winklepickers of the range.   

Tommy

• junky

Tom Randall wore a Verdon on one foot and a White on the other when he did First Round at Ilam Rock as he reckoned the White was better for outside edging and the Verdon better for inside edging (at least I think it was that way round).

For a man of your means and discernment looking to get an 'edge' it is worth getting a pair for pocketed climbing or other awkward-to-get-your-toe-in footholds.

The Winklepickers of the range.

You're quite right Simon. The inside edging (and sticking toes into small pockets) is unrivalled in the 5.10 range in my opinion. That said, the Verdons don't "smedge" in quite the same way as a month old Blanco so you've got to pick your battles. I used the Verdon to try one of the Dyer's Lookout routes and it was almost like you didn't have to use your calves any more they were so stiff and solid on positive edges - a welcome respite seeing as I'd been bouldering in caves for a month before!

The big thing that stands out on the Verdon vs Blanco though, is the outside edge. I just can't get the Verdons to do it. Must be the shape of the toe box.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal