UKBouldering.com

The manchaster scene (Read 3868 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
The manchaster scene
April 02, 2014, 09:32:05 pm
Always interested in learning about new places to avoid, and I'm sure there's a few here that would want to avoid me so here's the list of places I consider worthy of my custom.

1. Cask on Liverpool Rd, v. good beers, decent folk only a few twats.
2. The Knott Bar, as above but a >% of twats.
3. The Port St Beer House, full on Northern Quarter twat fest, but some of the best beer going.
4. Wetherspoons, always handy for a sh*t on the way to the railway station.

Any other nominations for good beer, quiet and a place to smoke?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: The manchaster scene
April 02, 2014, 11:44:11 pm
Abdul's opposite MRI does great food, and you can stand just outside to increase your risks of cancer. Ticks all boxes.  Almost.

galpinos

• forum hero
#2 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 08:33:27 am
I live in Chorlton Sloper so by definition, anywhere round here or that I frequent would be full of people who would score pretty highly on your "TWATOMETER".

Are you after city centre or suburbs? Having a little one has meant I've not had many forays into the centre for a while.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 09:06:29 am
Mrs TT lives in the leafy burbs of West Didsbury - where theres a fairly high evening fixie/beard count, and a significant daytime mums with buggies skinny latte-ing frequency..

I rarely venture into town - but have been to some decent places.. (which as I don't remember them is as bout as much use as a chocolate teapot).

Stubbs

#4 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 09:47:58 am
Lust, Luck, Liquor and Burn in the centre is a totally amazing Mexican at quite reasonable prices, although if you went there I think your twatometer may explode!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 10:01:15 am
I though this was going to be a discussion of Slopsey's adventures on Canal Street

tomtom

• forum hero
#6 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 10:26:35 am
I though this was going to be a discussion of Slopsey's adventures on Canal Street

That is of course a different scene. Equally welcoming to tired after work lawyers as any other scene I would assume.

galpinos

• forum hero
#7 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 11:20:20 am
That is of course a different scene. Equally welcoming to tired after work lawyers as any other scene I would assume.

I imagine Sloper looks quite the dandy in his smart lawyer's pinstripe, contrast waistcoat, fob watch and pocket square, a copy of the pink paper under his arm.

Sloper

• forum hero
#8 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 09:21:49 pm
Lust, Luck, Liquor and Burn in the centre is a totally amazing Mexican at quite reasonable prices, although if you went there I think your twatometer may explode!

I will make a point of visiting tomorrow.

tomtom

• forum hero
#9 Re: The manchaster scene
April 03, 2014, 09:52:19 pm
From my limited city centre experience....

Theres probably one in every city now - but I've had a couple of great meals at Jamies Italian... good venue in an old bank.. Vault room is cool and the bogs are in the cubicles that used to be the safe deposit box 'privacy' rooms....

FAB cafe good for pretending you're still at university and dancing like a twat to some indie stuff...

Most of my nights out in town have been with a group of MrsTT's workmates (probation officers) so you get dragged from one place to another and I never seem to remember where they are....

Stuff around Castlefield/Deansgate is generally a bit too new/towny for my liking...

Sloper

• forum hero
#10 Re: The manchaster scene
April 04, 2014, 03:50:50 pm

Yes, I remember when the letter C was routinely removed from the street sign.

in respect of Jamies Italian, my desk used to overlook their delivery door and the number of shall we say 2(3x(3+3)) deliveries was rather surprising.

Galipos, most days it's fairly quite grey suit, no waistcoat or fob watch, Friday's however are a different beast, usually red jeans / yellow cords, window pane check sports jacket and so on, but today its blazer and blue flannels.

As for the FT, never quite seen the point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal