UKBouldering.com

New Boreal shoes - Marduk, Satori, Dharma, anyone tried them? (Read 10235 times)

maybe_si

• player

I've always been a fan of Boreal, they just seem to fit perfectly. I'm looking for some new boots, mainly for UK limestone sport 7a-8a. Anyone know how these fit? Are they using the same last as their other boots?   Particularly looking at the Marduk, does anyone know how stiff it is in relation to their other boots?

Cheers

Simon

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
I have always had boreals, since i started wearing them about age 12 i think my feet have just got used to their shape, once tried a pare of sportiva's but they made me literally cry and the sole separated from the rand after about 10 sessions so never looked back.

Anyway, I'm also after a new pair of boreals and am going to pop over to Outside and try a pair of Marduks on today hopefully. Currently in a pair of Krypto's, before that a pair jokers, matrix, lazers, sprints (going back a bit now) and of course ninjas. will post a reply when i've had a try of them

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I would avoid them based on those names alone.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
Yeah the names aren't great, granted.

maybe_si

• player

That would be great if you can post how you got on trying the Marduk's, I have a pair of Krypto's at the moment, fit perfectly but are just too soft for my liking, particularly on UK limestone.

tomtom

• forum hero
I always thought the names were better than the shoes ;)

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
I bumped in to someone down the wall not long back who I'd not seen in years and they were beside themselves with amusement that I was still in Boreals, they made long and disparaging remarks about the crappy rubber and so forth  :)

tomtom

• forum hero
I had a pair of jokers that were alright.. comfy and not bad on the smearology.. but they did fall to bits quicker and the 5:10 rubber beats it hands down on grit..

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
I bumped in to someone down the wall not long back who I'd not seen in years and they were beside themselves with amusement that I was still in Boreals, they made long and disparaging remarks about the crappy rubber and so forth  :)

That's odd because the rubber seems uber sticky, I just don't go for the shoes

dave

Boreals always fitted my feet beautifully, like a glove, unfortunately a glove covered in shit rubber.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I gave up on them when I ended up with a pair of the Vectors where the rubber peeled off in lumps every time I used them. In South Africa with no option of returning them.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
That's odd because the rubber seems uber sticky

So sticky it sticks to itself (@ 0:50)

Wood FT

• forum hero
Leeroy has been wearing the Dharmas and seems to like them, quite stiff I think. Alas Boreal seemed to have followed other manufacturers and proceeded to make them look fuck ugly by putting SIQ GRAPHICS across the Velcro straps. Can I have some LEDS next please?

maybe_si

• player

Cheers folks, anyone else??

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
Think my last pair were stingers (loved the hard grit ben moon kudos attached) and they just wore out too quickly and I was poor - still am. I moved onto pastures new - scarpa then sportiva...

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
Been to Outside today and tried on a pair of Marduks and Lynx's too (lace ups). the Marduks are noticeably stiffer than the Lynx, and also a bit stiffer than the current Kryptos I'm in. Shape wise, very similar though, with a wide toe and across the instep, and a good solid heel fit (assuming you've got Boreal shaped feet that is). They do have a more pronounced downturn on them though, and the rand extends more over the toes and down the sides to join the heel rand than on the previous boots.

Oh, and I bought a pair. And yes, the colour scheme is pretty horrible (but I can't buy boots on appearance alone, unfortunately)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal