UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 212 Mon March 3rd - Sun March 9th (Read 8119 times)

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
By the end of last week I was feeling really overtrained probably a result of the last few weeks hitting it hard. Relaxing more this week. Powered out like crazy on the Orme, was a sure sign I need to take it easy this week.

For the first time ever I didn't enjoy being on the rope that much, finding it hard to get psyched for sport climbing at the moment. I think it's a little dismaying being powered out when I know I should of found the route straight forward... I think i'm turning into a boulderer...!  :o

Monday:
12 Wide Grip Pull Ups

6 x 10 Off-Set Pullups

3 x 10 Arnie Press (12.5kg)
3 x 10 Hanging Leg Raises
3 x 10 Good Mornings (30kg)

Tuesday:
12 Wide Grip Pull-Ups

4 x 10 Off-Set Pull-Ups

3 x 10 Front Dumbbell Raises (12.5kg)
3 x 10 Bentover Dubbell Raises (15kg)
3 x 12 Good Mornings (40kg)
2 x 10 Hanging Leg Raises

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Night session at Pantymwyn
Fell off the last move of Firestarter (7A) on my best attempt. Damn powerful roof problem! Embracing the steep and feeling better on it now. Never been so close.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Orme with Ally, warmed up in the cave, got really good beta for Right Wall Traverse (7A) should go next time.

Got back on the rope on The Bloods (7a+) powered out with a wrong sequence then worked out something good. Subsequent 3 redpoints were even worse powering out. Lost psyche completely and just wanted to go bouldering...

Fell off the finishing jug of Where's My Hippo (7A) 3 times... So close!

Sunday: Rest
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:40:48 am by Luke Owens »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal