Are they mutually exclusive?

Yes it's one or the other I'm afraid.

Man, that's a difficult choice.

PipeSmoke

• menacing presence

Stubbs

#27 Re: 1-9
March 05, 2014, 07:36:17 pm
Stubbs I think you misunderstand me. Training fingers is good regardless of how you do it.

IN the text I linked the Beastmakers talk about training the fingers separately so they are stronger when you use them together, rather than just training your little fingers in case you come across a really small mono! Do you think that idea is BS?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#28 Re: 1-9
March 05, 2014, 07:58:59 pm
Ah I see, I don't really have any interest in any other sites apart from this and voyeurism on 8a.largepenis when it comes to climbing so only perused the link. I sometimes train back 2 half crimped but when it comes to pockets then I don't use them, the way it turns my forearm I would rather just use my ring finger since it feels safer to me. I'm cursed in climbing with my little fingers, hips and long legs not being able to do what my brain tells them to but hey ho.
So in a nutshell I wouldn't train my pinkies since the angle I would hold them wouldn't be transferable for me to any other hold type.
Or looking at it another way to quote Micky P "what the fuck do people train on fingerboards all the time for? What's that gotta do with climbing?"

Doylo

• forum hero
#29 Re: 1-9
March 05, 2014, 08:07:33 pm
Micky says hi  :wave:

tomtom

• forum hero
#30 Re: 1-9
March 05, 2014, 08:13:13 pm
Are they mutually exclusive?

Yes it's one or the other I'm afraid.

Its all to do with supply and demand :)

When I was a yoof getting laid was pretty important, and mono pinky deadhangs were not. But I probably stood far more chance of doing a mono pinky deadhang.

Now I'm not a yoof, getting laid is less important, and mono pinky deadhangs might be more so (they're not actually I'm not bothered..). But I stand far more chance of getting laid than doing a mono pinky deadhang.

:)

petejh

• forum hero
#31 Re: 1-9
March 05, 2014, 08:30:00 pm
More money? ...

Or looking at it another way to quote Micky P "what the fuck do people train on fingerboards all the time for? What's that gotta do with climbing?"

... they both use fingers?   :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal