UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 211 Mon 24th Feb - Sun 2nd Mar (Read 9718 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
How do you edit a post when you've posted by accident as I just did ?
Had a look in the wiki but couldnt see anything

There's a time limit (half hour?) within which you can "modify" (MODIFY!), after that it's tough, unless you can get a friendly moderator to fix it for you.

Dolly

• forum hero
How do you edit a post when you've posted by accident as I just did ?
Had a look in the wiki but couldnt see anything

There's a time limit (half hour?) within which you can "modify" (MODIFY!), after that it's tough, unless you can get a friendly moderator to fix it for you.

Cheers.
A friendly Shark did just that for me

Dolly

• forum hero
Having said that where can you modify from ? - ie which menu ?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Top right of each post should be a button that says "Modify" next to "Quote"on IE anyway. I think on taptalk you just touch the post and the edit post option comes up.

Dolly

• forum hero
Oh yeah
I've never noticed that before (blush)

nik at work

• forum hero
STG - More climbing outside
MTG - BM mono one armers
LTG - Something hardish

M - BM session
T - Nothing
W - At the wall doing routes.
T - Swimming
F - BM session
S - Outside in the morning, E6 new route and a couple of repeats of easier routes
S - Late night bike ride with dog trying out new light, easy daytime trails through woodland are more exciting (and fun) at night with a kamikaze dog.

Average week performance wise, but there are glimmers of weather improvement which is heartening.

fried

• forum hero
Monday - nothing
Tuesday - Banana for breakfast, then missed lunch, grabbed a cookie. Started my plan to do all new blue problems. All the newly set problems are on the 45º wall which I normally avoid. I need to spent more time on this kind of stuff.

Made good progress for an hour or so, then then the cookie ran out...
 felt terrible..did some shoulder/ back stuff., still felt terrible.

Note to self:- Dont just eat sugar before climbing.

wed - work
thurs - sun - Folks visiting, so no climbing. Visited Versailles and walked a lot. Ate a lot too which I needed. Difficult to lose weight and climb better at the same time.

Weight 74.7kg

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
7A:    4/50
7A+:  2/40
7B:    0/30
7B+:  0/20
7C:    0/10

Stretches: 4.5/4 :)

Mon: Home board session working on endurance.
Tues: Session at the Bunker. Stretches.
Wed: Went to Anstey's in the afternoon with Mark. Tried two sport routes, failed on both. I'm shit at sport... Then went down to the beach and did two 6C+s and had a couple of goes on a 7B+, but it got dark so had to leave.
Thurs: Stretches.
Fri: Boulder Bunker in the evening. Bit of slacklining, bit of climbing, bit of training. Surprised myself by being able to do a set of repeaters on sloping pockets on the Beastmaker with front and middle two! Stretches.
Sat: BMC YCS round 2. Bouldering went well, came joint 2nd in that but 4th overall. Felt way stronger than last round. :2thumbsup: Some stretching.
Sun:Was going to go bouldering but weather looked terrible, press-ups and core, made me feel pretty sick!

Need to get out somewhere soon! Possibly Dartmoor before the conditions get shit...

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Bike 1 hour including 20 secs on 40 secs off x 5 3 sets.
Tue. Board quick mirror session due going to Oldham for mates surprise 60th birthday do 200 mile round trip
Wed. Bike 1 hour before work.
Thu. Board stopped midway through warm up due to something pulling in my upper back
Fri. Board. Session doing old classics, back not too bad.
Sat. Bike 44.61 miles 2 hrs 27 mins.
Sun. I had planned to go out but raining.  So ended up on the board. Mirror session included a couple of harder problems and did another 8 problems in the session. Turbo 1 hour.
Weight down to 11st 1.7lbs.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
Monday:
Lunch:
12 Wide Grip Pullups

20mm Edge Pull ups
Set 1: 5reps, Set 2: 4reps, Set 3: 6reps

3 x 10 Arnie Press (12.5kg)
3 x 10 Bent Over Dumbbell Flys (15kg)
3 x 10 Hanging Leg Raises

Evening: 30 mins Aerocap

Tuesday:
AnCap Session:

Hangs: 20mm edge open, 20degree sloper, 30mm edge Middle 2, 30mm edge half crimp

5 x (4 x 7 sec hang/3 sec rest) 2 mins rest between sets
Repeated the above 3 times

60 hangs in total, felt annihilated!

15 mins Aerocap warm down

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Awesome Walls Liverpool - Still felt wiped out from the repeaters on Tuesday had a feeling I was going to get powered out on everything and I did...

5+, 6a, 6a, 6a+, 6b+, 6a, 6a, 6a, 5+

Failed on 6b+, 6c, 6b+, 6a+, 6a 

Bad session, by the end of the evening I was falling off 6a's!

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Orme Bouldering, Pillbox and the Cave.
Came very closed on the "The Greek" (7A) couldn't latch the last move.
Then tried "Where's My Hippo" (7A) again got close but went back on The Greek and got worse on it. Think if I had just stuck at one of them I would of got it.

Repeated Hip Hop (6C+) and Cave Righthand (6B+). Did some good links on Right Wall Traverse (7A).

Need to get stronger on the bouldering, want to be able to do 7A's in different styles, I'm rubbish on anything steep. Working on this!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal