UKBouldering.com

is it possible? (Read 15207 times)

rodma

• forum hero
#50 Re: is it possible?
February 24, 2014, 09:30:03 pm
Yes, no word of a lie, plus a session outdoors, at the most.  But I also keep reasonably fit.  But I think my indoor sessions are of better quality than most people's despite lacking structure

I almost posted something about your sessions by saying that some people accidentally get the quantity,  quality and level of effort required in order to improve, just right.

I've never been able to do that on the plastic problems and only ever get good through campusing and weights.

Tim is a bit special ;)

:D

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#51 Re: is it possible?
February 25, 2014, 09:15:49 am
Keep us posted on progress btw, be interested to hear how you get on.

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#52 Re: is it possible?
February 25, 2014, 09:56:05 am

Tim is a bit special ;)

Only in the head. 

galpinos

• forum hero
#53 Re: is it possible?
February 25, 2014, 10:04:50 am
But I think my indoor sessions are of better quality than most people's despite lacking structure

Come on Tim, spill the beans. What do you differently to the rest of us mortals?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#54 Re: is it possible?
February 25, 2014, 10:38:19 am
Sasquatch, thank you.

To be more precise, if it's true that I climbed my first 8a just on fingerboarding and campusing, the following progress was made possible by a strong diet of board climbing. My home board, especially, made me progress more, more rapidly and more targeted to my goals (the Beastmaker).

bedrock

• regular
#55 Re: is it possible?
February 26, 2014, 06:18:29 pm
Thanks for all the replies - its been interesting getting everyone's opinion on it.

Its going to take a hell of a lot of training, but I reckon most people can train to do 1 pretty hard boulder. I guess what separates  the Shauna Coxsey's and Mina's from the rest of the population is a combination of talent, genetics and psychology. Learning how to train appropriately and learning how to project a problem are two things I'm definitely going to have to learn.

Got the problem pyramid all drawn out so it all starts here!

Thanks all!

andy popp

• forum hero
#56 Re: is it possible?
February 26, 2014, 07:25:32 pm
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#57 Re: is it possible?
February 26, 2014, 07:27:52 pm
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

+1

Start a blog - you could do it here if you like.

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
#58 Re: is it possible?
March 10, 2014, 07:23:43 pm
I'd say if your climbing 4-5 times a week and only boulder 7A then the quality of your sessions isn't good enough. Find people who are far stronger than yourself and see what they do. I'm sure you will soon realise as I did that they always do that extra problem or that extra set of leg raises. Your obviously very dedicated and that's the most important attribute to have, along with determination but your better off only doing three really good sessions a week than 5 half hearted ones where you just turn up for the sake of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal