UKBouldering.com

Shed Shackle (Read 4094 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 03:18:19 pm
Had my bike nicked from my shed last year and have been keeping the replacement in the house since.  Not really a problem space wise (for me at least, wife disagrees) but mate just told me about Shed Shackle which looks like a simple idea of a large piece of metal attached to the wall which the bike locks to making it slightly more of a pain in the arse to detach it.

Might give it a whirl later in the year when I can be bothered to fork out for it.

Fadanoid

• addict
#1 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 04:16:11 pm
Bummer to hear that.

That doesn't look like a bad product. I might get one of the package deals to lock up everything in my shed.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 04:32:07 pm
had these in my last two garages, absolutely bomb proof, but need a decent chain lock to attach the bike to it, as well as a concrete floor and a decent drill too http://www.abus.com/eng/Mobile-Security/Bike-safety-and-security/Locks/Wall-floor-anchors/Granit-WBA-100

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#3 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 04:46:02 pm
Curious that in the photo on shed shackle website its pictured inside that metal bike shed:

I have one of those and it came with large extension bolts and ground anchors similar to the abus one.

Stubbs

#4 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 05:10:27 pm
Depends on your shed set up, but concreting some hardened chain into the floor can make for a cost effective DIY ground anchor.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 05:56:23 pm
not got round to doing it, but I wondered about flooring the shed in a (maybe 2) layer of 17mm ply with some kind of anchor fixed with t-nuts (araldite to fill in the socket head bolt heads)

with the bike on top of the ply and anchored to it with as little slack as possible, the whole thing would be difficult to shift

mind you, I have no idea where you would source thick ply, t nuts and socket head bolts?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#6 Re: Shed Shackle
February 20, 2014, 07:48:44 pm
Keep it in the house... It seems to be a threshold for professional bike thieves.... And still lock it up... Out if sight from windows etc... They will be following you home anyways...

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Shed Shackle
February 21, 2014, 07:27:59 am
Keep it in the house... It seems to be a threshold for professional bike thieves.... And still lock it up... Out if sight from windows etc... They will be following you home anyways...
The other great thing about keeping it in the house is that insurance (well mine at least) doesn't charge a premium to cover bikes and also instead of the usual £1000 limit I think they cover each bike up to something like £20,000.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal